Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lorry load of Evoques delivered
normangt

Lorry load of Evoques delivered

Just seen a lorry load of Evoques being delivered to Pentland, Edinburgh.
24-02-2012 03:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PAT

RE: Lorry load of Evoques delivered

Hopefully the next batch of deliveries will have mine on it as despite the build date slipping 5 days to the 7th March, the delivery date remains the 19th

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
24-02-2012 11:15pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I drove passed Pentland's impressive new showroom at 1am today, almost getting caught by the average speed cams as I was too busy looking in their window as I drove down the slip road onto the motorway and didn't watch my speed! Most of the showroom lights were off and all you could see were the DRL's and fancy LEDs of all the 2012MY LR's and RR's in the gloom, very eye catching display at night.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
24-02-2012 11:24pm
BTS18

I was talking to a dealership in Dorset today and they have 50 + Evoques ready for delivery on 1st March

5dr Prestige SD4 Auto, Style 5 Wheels, Orkney Grey, Element Interior, Cirrus Headliner, Lux pk, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Spare Wheel.

Ordered: 07/02/12. Build Date: 21/04/12. Delivered: 27/04/12
24-02-2012 11:25pm
lngrn36

Average speed cams? Man, y'all have got it bad. Has anyone tried this trick?

Average speed cam flaw

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
25-02-2012 01:42am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
David-H.

(24-02-2012 03:39pm)normangt Wrote:  Just seen a lorry load of Evoques being delivered to Pentland, Edinburgh.

Hopefully ours was included in this delivery.

Dynamic Coupe SD4 manual, Orkney Grey, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass & 20" Chrome Shadow Alloys.

Other drives - Suzuki Jimny - lifted 2 " (Offroad toy)
BMW Mini John Cooper Works.
25-02-2012 01:45am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Tim - that issue of the newspaper is from 2006! You cannot now change lanes and avoid the fines as the powers that be now use a long boom or gantry over the road that has 3 SPECS cams on it if there are 3 lanes, 2 for two lanes etc etc................. and they don't just measure your speed, they can read you licence plate and check your car is tax paid and has some form of insurance now with the latest generation! It used to be that the only way to avoid a speeding fine was to have a motorbike as the cams cannot read their front plates, but now we even have cams that read the rear plate instead of the front one!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 25-02-2012 10:15am by XFullFatTim.)
25-02-2012 10:13am
BTS18

I agree. If you try to avoid being caught just by switching lanes now, you will end up losing your licence.

5dr Prestige SD4 Auto, Style 5 Wheels, Orkney Grey, Element Interior, Cirrus Headliner, Lux pk, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Spare Wheel.

Ordered: 07/02/12. Build Date: 21/04/12. Delivered: 27/04/12
25-02-2012 10:29am
David-H.

Well, our car didn't arrive at Pentland on Friday, but it did arrive on Saturday Tongue Out.

Went to see it today, primarily to see how it looked on the Style 6 alloys, rather than the Style 7 we ordered. I actually liked the look, but SWMBO still prefers the Shadow Chrome, so we've agreed that their bodyshop can do their stuff on the Style 6's.

I must admit that we've recently been thinking a little about spending over £40K on a car, and how we could have chucked the money into the mortgage, but seeing our car today banished any doubts.

Due to work commitments, we won't be picking the car up until 17th March, but after a near six month wait I'm sure this will pass quickly.

Cheers - David.

Dynamic Coupe SD4 manual, Orkney Grey, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass & 20" Chrome Shadow Alloys.

Other drives - Suzuki Jimny - lifted 2 " (Offroad toy)
BMW Mini John Cooper Works.
26-02-2012 10:12pm
THEMACS

(24-02-2012 11:25pm)BTS18 Wrote:  I was talking to a dealership in Dorset today and they have 50 + Evoques ready for delivery on 1st March

They are going to be common as muck before we even have sight of oursCrying
26-02-2012 10:18pm