babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Terrain Response Question: Grass-Gravel-Snow Mode - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Terrain Response Question: Grass-Gravel-Snow Mode (/Thread-Terrain-Response-Question-Grass-Gravel-Snow-Mode)

Terrain Response Question: Grass-Gravel-Snow Mode - pugracer - 11-02-2012 05:12pm

I haven't got any experience with the Terrain Response system yet. If I am driving under heavy rain on a highway with an inch deep of running water on the surface, should I use the Grass-Gravel-Snow mode? The manual says "This program should be used where a firm surface is covered with loose or slippery material". Does running water on a highway consider slippery material? Rolling Eyes

Thanks!

RE: Terrain Response Question: Grass-Gravel-Snow Mode - defender_uk - 11-02-2012 06:08pm

no

RE: Terrain Response Question: Grass-Gravel-Snow Mode - XFullFatTim - 11-02-2012 06:19pm

+1, the DSC will handle everything necessary for aquaplaning

RE: Terrain Response Question: Grass-Gravel-Snow Mode - cjfp - 11-02-2012 06:21pm

What, the DSC will even control that "sh!t your pants" moment when it all kicks off? Laughing

RE: Terrain Response Question: Grass-Gravel-Snow Mode - XFullFatTim - 11-02-2012 07:15pm

I believe you only get that with the Dynamic setting on the TR....................

RE: Terrain Response Question: Grass-Gravel-Snow Mode - RR1742 - 11-02-2012 10:18pm

Well - i've just come back from the Land Rover Experience Day where the instructor suggested that in heavy rain it was appropriate to select grass-gravel-snow - even up to 60 mph although do you really want to be doing that kind of speed in these conditions.

RE: Terrain Response Question: Grass-Gravel-Snow Mode - Graham - 12-02-2012 12:17pm

Last year I had a "moment" in my Freelander; I joined an autoroute in the half light early in the morning, as it wasn't raining or wet on the surface I set the cruise control to 125 kph and off we went - after a while I was suddenly aware of aquaplaning, but before I could do anything about it the DSC took over, it turned off the cruise control and gently slowed us down until the grip returned. I'm pretty sure that I had crossed a piece of road where the water was draining across it thus creating an aquaplaning situation, but by the time I realised it the car had dealt with it! These cars have quicker and cleverer reactions (never mind being braver off-road) than us.
My advice to Pugracer is dont worry, be careful as always, but have confidence that if you get it wrong occasionally the car will sort you out.

RE: Terrain Response Question: Grass-Gravel-Snow Mode - pugracer - 12-02-2012 04:28pm

Thanks guys! Still in search of a piece of land in Hong Kong that I can use the TR system... LOL