Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Terrain Response Question: Grass-Gravel-Snow Mode
pugracer

Terrain Response Question: Grass-Gravel-Snow Mode

I haven't got any experience with the Terrain Response system yet. If I am driving under heavy rain on a highway with an inch deep of running water on the surface, should I use the Grass-Gravel-Snow mode? The manual says "This program should be used where a firm surface is covered with loose or slippery material". Does running water on a highway consider slippery material? Rolling Eyes

Thanks!

[Image: 116845.png]
Range Rover Evoque - Pure, 5-Door, Si4, Auto, Fuji White/Cirrus
Lotus Elise
Peugeot 206 GTi
11-02-2012 05:12pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
defender_uk

RE: Terrain Response Question: Grass-Gravel-Snow Mode

no

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
11-02-2012 06:08pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

+1, the DSC will handle everything necessary for aquaplaning

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
11-02-2012 06:19pm
cjfp

What, the DSC will even control that "sh!t your pants" moment when it all kicks off? Laughing

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
11-02-2012 06:21pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I believe you only get that with the Dynamic setting on the TR....................

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
11-02-2012 07:15pm
RR1742

Well - i've just come back from the Land Rover Experience Day where the instructor suggested that in heavy rain it was appropriate to select grass-gravel-snow - even up to 60 mph although do you really want to be doing that kind of speed in these conditions.
11-02-2012 10:18pm
Graham

Last year I had a "moment" in my Freelander; I joined an autoroute in the half light early in the morning, as it wasn't raining or wet on the surface I set the cruise control to 125 kph and off we went - after a while I was suddenly aware of aquaplaning, but before I could do anything about it the DSC took over, it turned off the cruise control and gently slowed us down until the grip returned. I'm pretty sure that I had crossed a piece of road where the water was draining across it thus creating an aquaplaning situation, but by the time I realised it the car had dealt with it! These cars have quicker and cleverer reactions (never mind being braver off-road) than us.
My advice to Pugracer is dont worry, be careful as always, but have confidence that if you get it wrong occasionally the car will sort you out.
12-02-2012 12:17pm
pugracer

Thanks guys! Still in search of a piece of land in Hong Kong that I can use the TR system... LOL

[Image: 116845.png]
Range Rover Evoque - Pure, 5-Door, Si4, Auto, Fuji White/Cirrus
Lotus Elise
Peugeot 206 GTi
12-02-2012 04:28pm