babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Car nearly here...but... - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Car nearly here...but... (/Thread-Car-nearly-here-but)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Car nearly here...but... - lngrn36 - 15-02-2012 01:30pm

I agree with pureevoque. I used to own a window tint business and wouldn't settle for anything less than excellent with perfection as a goal. It sounds like you had some shoddy work done in the past. Spend some time searching for a quality installer and ask to see some customers cars. If done right you shouldn't see a difference throughout the glass.

RE: Car nearly here...but... - Big G - 15-02-2012 01:57pm

(15-02-2012 01:08am)dandavis1 Wrote:  Oh great, yet another leading thread title. What is it with you bunch of.......

Not feeling the love here DanBig CryBig Cry

This is a forum after all - defined as 'a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged' - including yours, or where people like me can ask stupid questions, but not be made to feel stupid(normally) and get free access to expertise and experience.

RE: Car nearly here...but... - mark_n - 15-02-2012 02:29pm

What is it with Privacy Glass which makes it a must have? I have no idea...

RE: Car nearly here...but... - BOBM4N - 15-02-2012 03:16pm

Perhaps this isn't your car after all and merely another's cancelled order with a 'near-as-dammit' configuration.

That would explain the lack of confirmation and the out of the blue arrival.....

RE: Car nearly here...but... - WB - 15-02-2012 03:24pm

I think you should try to have a look at an Evoque that has had tint film applied. That effect you are describing of a border varies between car models and on my evoque while there is a "border" visible on the rear quarter pane there isn't on the side or rear glass.

Just noticed you don't mention if it's a coupe of 5 dr you've ordered?

Alternatively you could stand your ground and insist that it was on the original spec and push the dealer to replace the glass?

RE: Car nearly here...but... - XFullFatTim - 15-02-2012 05:16pm

One problem with all aftermarket tint films is covering the antenna wires that are stuck on the inside of the glass. With factory fitted privacy glass, the glass is tinted and then the antenna are stuck on so no air gets trapped round the fine wires. I have NEVER seen an aftermarket film that can cover the antenna wires without producing a huge air gap unless the film is applied externally which I believe isn't recommended.

RE: Car nearly here...but... - paul - 15-02-2012 09:51pm

Dealer's reply today...

Please accept my apologies regarding the privacy glass. The specification I have for you does not show the inclusion of this-regret if it is of high importance to you. It is now too late to add privacy glass at the factory . I am confident we can achieve a satisfactory finish here. Your insurance should not be affected by this. We have taken numerous orders for Evoque Dynamics without Privacy Glass, so please do not feel it is a manadatory requirement!

I hope that you are not considering surrendering your option on this vehicle - I would ask you to come in to inspect and see the finish on the model. We have increased the lead time now unfortunately. Please let me know how we can progress this to your satisfaction.

I'm really not amused. They've made a significant mistake by accidentally allowing the car to go to final build without asking me in first to confirm what I actually want. It was made clear last year that they just needed to enter 'something' into their computer system (last year) so they had an idea of what I wanted. However they said I'd be able to change this to whatever I wanted (even completely changing to another Evoque model). The order seems to have gone to build quicker than the dealer anticipated, and they've been caught out. And now they expect me to either take this option or wait another six months if I want my own spec. I wish I could find a smiley to express how I feel right now.....

RE: Car nearly here...but... - THEMACS - 15-02-2012 10:12pm

(15-02-2012 09:51pm)paul Wrote:  Dealer's reply today...

Please accept my apologies regarding the privacy glass. The specification I have for you does not show the inclusion of this-regret if it is of high importance to you. It is now too late to add privacy glass at the factory . I am confident we can achieve a satisfactory finish here. Your insurance should not be affected by this. We have taken numerous orders for Evoque Dynamics without Privacy Glass, so please do not feel it is a manadatory requirement!

I hope that you are not considering surrendering your option on this vehicle - I would ask you to come in to inspect and see the finish on the model. We have increased the lead time now unfortunately. Please let me know how we can progress this to your satisfaction.

I'm really not amused. They've made a significant mistake by accidentally allowing the car to go to final build without asking me in first to confirm what I actually want. It was made clear last year that they just needed to enter 'something' into their computer system (last year) so they had an idea of what I wanted. However they said I'd be able to change this to whatever I wanted (even completely changing to another Evoque model). The order seems to have gone to build quicker than the dealer anticipated, and they've been caught out. And now they expect me to either take this option or wait another six months if I want my own spec. I wish I could find a smiley to express how I feel right now.....

What do they mean They have increased the lead time now?

RE: Car nearly here...but... - paul - 15-02-2012 10:19pm

(15-02-2012 10:12pm)THEMACS Wrote:  What do they mean They have increased the lead time now?

They're saying the wait for a new order placed today is more than what it was when I ordered last September. So they're actually suggesting that if I cannot accept this car I'm back at the end of the waiting list. Shocked

RE: Car nearly here...but... - THEMACS - 15-02-2012 10:22pm

(15-02-2012 10:19pm)paul Wrote:  They're saying the wait for a new order placed today is more than what it was when I ordered last September. So they're actually suggesting that if I cannot accept this car I'm back at the end of the waiting list. Shocked

Oh dear! I would have thought the lead times were getting shorter, our lead time will be 9 months, maybe longer, it's F*****g ridiculousEvil