Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Car nearly here...but...
paul

Car nearly here...but...

Message from the dealer today to say good news on my order, and to call back. Was all excited, as assumed car approaching final build, and time to specify final order. (Except still dithering on petrol/diesel and shadow allows.) Anyway, imagine my surprise when I called back to find out the car has been built!! And will be at dealers soon!!! Now that's a pleasant surprise, as dealer had previously mentioned to expect April. So the good news is I don't need to fret about petrol/diesel or the alloys as car been built to provisional specification from last year. But the bad news is that it hasn't been built with privacy glass, and this is an absolute must for me. Dealer said not a problem as they can retrofit film. However I did this with current car, and have hated it ever since it was done. Not the privacy look itself, but that the finish looks awful (IMO) compared to factory-fit. There's always been this 1cm wide 'line' - or fuzzy bit - all the way round the outside, where it's apparently not possible for the film to stick properly to the glass. So now I really don't know what to do. The massive surprise and initial excitement about getting the car early when I first spoke to dealer, and then that sick feeling on realising the car not as provisionally specified. (The provisional specification included privacy glass, but I have no record of what was talked about.) BTW car is a black dynamic SD4 auto. What should I do??
14-02-2012 09:14pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kimv

RE: Car nearly here...but...

Can you not just order the factory Privacy Glass and have it installed by your dealer? I suppose it would cost you but if you really, really want it...

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
14-02-2012 09:18pm
Daigriff

If you ordered it with privacy they have to sort out at their cost. I wouldn't accept a 'film'.

I find it strange you have not got a copy of your original spec...pretty important...I was given a copy of the signed order as well as a copy of the build from the configurator.

Good luck sorting.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
14-02-2012 09:44pm
paul

(14-02-2012 09:44pm)Daigriff Wrote:  I find it strange you have not got a copy of your original spec...pretty important...I was given a copy of the signed order as well as a copy of the build from the configurator.

Unfortunately I don't have anything, other than a receipt for my deposit. After the test drive, we put a provisional specification into the dealer's system (which I understood included privacy, as this was mentioned). My understanding was that we would firm up just prior to going to build. And at that time everything would be double checked, I'd get a printed copy...and perhaps I would sign something. I've spend the last few months thinking about my options over and over again on this assumption! Not least that I hadn't actually decided for sure to go for the diesel over the petrol. (Although the diesel appearing solves that dilemma!)
14-02-2012 10:45pm
pureevoque

if it's done well after market film is very nearly as good as and you get to choose the shade!

ed4 Pure 5 Dr, Fuji, Xenons, Front Fogs, Power mirrors & tailgate, 20" Style 6. Ordered 290611 Delivered 090312
14-02-2012 11:17pm
THEMACS

(14-02-2012 10:45pm)paul Wrote:  Unfortunately I don't have anything, other than a receipt for my deposit. After the test drive, we put a provisional specification into the dealer's system (which I understood included privacy, as this was mentioned). My understanding was that we would firm up just prior to going to build. And at that time everything would be double checked, I'd get a printed copy...and perhaps I would sign something. I've spend the last few months thinking about my options over and over again on this assumption! Not least that I hadn't actually decided for sure to go for the diesel over the petrol. (Although the diesel appearing solves that dilemma!)

This all seems strangeConfused Surely the dealer should have contacted you when the build went to the factory, which would have been pre christmas, I would certainly be upset with them!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
14-02-2012 11:23pm
PAT

I'm guessing that you ordered from the same dealership as me so I'm surprised that they let your order go to build without contacting you or being fairly sure of your spec.

Either way, it just goes to emphasis that it's worthwhile getting some sort of confirmation from the dealer whether it be a provisional order spec or not.

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
15-02-2012 12:09am
dandavis1

Oh great, yet another leading thread title. What is it with you bunch of.......
15-02-2012 01:08am
The Valeter

The dealer should have called you before cut off day to check on spec. I have had film applied to 5 cars in the past but 3 just Limo tint on rear tailgate as this gives a dark feel to the car & is easy to do.
My experience is that having film applied to solid (non opener) windows is fine but when they fit to opening windows trim is removed, clips get broken & I got a nick out of a door handle once but did not notice it till a while afterwards!Evil

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
15-02-2012 01:13am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PAT

(15-02-2012 01:08am)dandavis1 Wrote:  Oh great, yet another leading thread title. What is it with you bunch of.......

Back into your box Rolling Eyes

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
15-02-2012 01:50am