babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Why are you changing to the Evoque?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For the last four years I have been having fun in a BMW 335i Convertble which I bought new as at the time i thought it would be the last time I would be able to afford to runs a "gas guzzler" and all the costs related to running a high performance car. Before that I had a soft roader (Honda CRV - sorry) but a good car never the less. Time has come to get sensible again and I wanted a car that :
Was comfortable
Could go any place
Had all the gizmo's I had been used to
Looked cool
Was practical everyday (within reason) including size for parking - have you noticed that car parking spaces tend to be golf/focus sized these days?
Still quite speedy
Cost less to run

Bingo
Range Rover Evoque
Because i like they way they look and they have all the practicality i need. Also to cheer myself up after a cack 6 months.
Because I am waiting the Evoque since I saw the LRX concept in Geneva Motorshow 2008 !!
Because I now have to have a car that will fit into my garage while I'm away Big CryBig CryBig Cry Being a Land Rover Addict of a few years standing the Evoque came along in the nick of time, it has all the style and space that, as a single guy, I need. I very nearly bought an Audi A6 Allroad in February.............
It will be my 5th Range Rover and 9th Land Rover product since 1996.
I don't need it for it's off road ability as I also own a Defender90 which I don't mind bumping/bashing/denting or scratching, which I certainly do mind doing to any Range Rover
I strayed to the "dark side" after 25 years of Range Rovers and had an Aston Martin for 2 years. Now it's time to get back into a Range Rover. Love the Sport and the FFRR, but I think the Evoque is the right car for me now. All my Range Rovers were petrol V8s and guzzled fuel, the Evoque is a little more sensible.
ANT
I think I checked every box...
You have and you aren't the only one!
Even I ticked most of them! the only one I did not was the Range Rover one but it certainly influenced me.
its the first car that seems to have a little of everything, suits where i live, and really looks the part.
Road presence! The only other car that I have looked at like that before has been a M3, Ferrari, Lambo, Maserati, Porsche and Lotus!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's