Poll: Why are you changing to RRE (multi choice)
It's a Range Rover!
Style
Practicality
Comfort
Running Costs
Size of vehicle
Options available
Off Road / Traction ability
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why are you changing to the Evoque?
griff

Why are you changing to the Evoque?

For the last four years I have been having fun in a BMW 335i Convertble which I bought new as at the time i thought it would be the last time I would be able to afford to runs a "gas guzzler" and all the costs related to running a high performance car. Before that I had a soft roader (Honda CRV - sorry) but a good car never the less. Time has come to get sensible again and I wanted a car that :
Was comfortable
Could go any place
Had all the gizmo's I had been used to
Looked cool
Was practical everyday (within reason) including size for parking - have you noticed that car parking spaces tend to be golf/focus sized these days?
Still quite speedy
Cost less to run

Bingo
Range Rover Evoque

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
01-09-2011 05:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ED209

RE: Why are you changing to the Evoque?

Because i like they way they look and they have all the practicality i need. Also to cheer myself up after a cack 6 months.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2011 05:44pm by griff.)
01-09-2011 05:42pm
SebM

Because I am waiting the Evoque since I saw the LRX concept in Geneva Motorshow 2008 !!

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
01-09-2011 05:46pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Because I now have to have a car that will fit into my garage while I'm away Big CryBig CryBig Cry Being a Land Rover Addict of a few years standing the Evoque came along in the nick of time, it has all the style and space that, as a single guy, I need. I very nearly bought an Audi A6 Allroad in February.............
It will be my 5th Range Rover and 9th Land Rover product since 1996.
I don't need it for it's off road ability as I also own a Defender90 which I don't mind bumping/bashing/denting or scratching, which I certainly do mind doing to any Range Rover

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2011 06:07pm by XFullFatTim.)
01-09-2011 05:48pm
ant

I strayed to the "dark side" after 25 years of Range Rovers and had an Aston Martin for 2 years. Now it's time to get back into a Range Rover. Love the Sport and the FFRR, but I think the Evoque is the right car for me now. All my Range Rovers were petrol V8s and guzzled fuel, the Evoque is a little more sensible.
ANT

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
01-09-2011 05:58pm
SW6RR

I think I checked every box...

Arrived (5/11/11): SD4 5-door "Presnamic" Lux Very Happy Auto, Fuji, Spirit/Tan, Style 8 20" Wheels, fully loaded (bar RSE, smoker's pack and Homelink)
01-09-2011 06:16pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

You have and you aren't the only one!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
01-09-2011 06:22pm
griff

Even I ticked most of them! the only one I did not was the Range Rover one but it certainly influenced me.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
01-09-2011 06:46pm
Rootsboy

its the first car that seems to have a little of everything, suits where i live, and really looks the part.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
01-09-2011 07:30pm
evoqueboy

Road presence! The only other car that I have looked at like that before has been a M3, Ferrari, Lambo, Maserati, Porsche and Lotus!
01-09-2011 07:57pm