babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Why are you changing to the Evoque?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Having been considering changing my car for a while and been considering 4x4 since i'm out in the sticks now and suffered in the last 2 winters, and wasn't liking any of the Ford Kuga, Jeep, Rav 4, Q3 etc when I saw the look of this it was a must! Was going to go for the Pure but after Evoque Live I fell for the better specs! Rolling Eyes
Vanity Embarrassed There is not two pound of me hanging the right way but at least the car will look good Laughing. Seriously it dose everything I need and has more than enough space for me (single guy)
I like the look of it, its a totaly new and interesting styling concept from LR, its also very modern and i think going to be "in fasion" very soon and a car people will look at and crave for etc etc, my D4 is also now nearly 18 months old now and i need a new developement car to play with and make my brain tick Smile

Pete
(01-09-2011 05:46pm)SebM Wrote: [ -> ]Because I am wanting the Evoque since I saw the LRX concept at Geneva Motorshow 2008 !!

+1

..... I've always wanted to own a concept car ..... and now hopefully I will.
Plan to buy a Porsche Boxster spyder next year, so need a car that is still fun, but the complete opposite and practical Very Happy
Wifey liked it, so i jumped at the chance....prior to this she was looking at a v60 Volvo....this will be her car eventually and will serve as the family truckster for the next few years.
We been looking to upgrade for a while (from 2009 Fiat Bravo), but struggled to decide on what, nearly went with a CDi220 Estate, but rear legroom was poor, especially behind my driving position (I'm 6'3") though going to double check this tomorrow with the LR dealer as the Demos arrived in Gib yesterday, before finalising my order.

The Q5 in Gib was too expensive a 2.0TDi SE starts at £35k, and pushes into the 40's as soon as you look at the options list, or want a little more oomph.

It does seem to meet all are criteria, reasonable space without being too big, stylish, practical and just a little extra luxury compared to other options. Also really like the mitsubishi ASX but again just a little too small.
After years with Ford we decided to upgrade to an SUV with either Audi, BMW or Mercedes but when the Evoque came out, it ticked all the boxes - great exterior/interior and further more was a Range Rover that was affordable, others couldn't tick all the boxes. Hopefully my opinion will not change once owned.
I've wanted a RR for a while - although my Dad (who does know a lot more about cars than I do) isn't a fan of LR. I really fancy a premium SUV that drives well but isn't huge - and I really like how the Evoque looks. I've had a grey Dynamic Si4 coupe on order for a few months (due in the next few weeks) but first drive on Friday, so will decide after that whether or not it's for me...
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's