babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: News from Japan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(03-03-2014 03:32pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]If you know the ship's name (your car would never get to you if it came by boat.........) then you can track it online. Usually LR use Wilhelmsen Lines for vehicle shipping. Question is, is it going to go the "short" way round or the "long" way round via Baltimore, Panama Canal and The US West coast or the via the Suez Canal, Singapore, Ningbo and Yokohama.....................

Ships, boats, schooners...all the same to me! Wink

I guess the dealer will keep me posted in true Japanese service style.

(03-03-2014 03:39pm)DfunkyT Wrote: [ -> ]Ships, boats, schooners...all the same to me! Wink

I guess the dealer will keep me posted in true Japanese service style.

Kanpai! Cheers!
(03-03-2014 03:32pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]If you know the ship's name (your car would never get to you if it came by boat.........) then you can track it online. Usually LR use Wilhelmsen Lines for vehicle shipping.

from what port(s) does LR ship?
For Europe they use the Hull area not sure what they use for the rest of the world.
Rest of the world cars are shipped out of Southampton
Thanks x2! That should help me in about a week to two weeks time Smile
IIRC LR ships USA cars destined to eastern owners into Baltimore then they get distributed from there, not sure how your car will get from there to Ohio though possibly by rail.
(03-03-2014 09:04pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]IIRC LR ships USA cars destined to eastern owners into Baltimore then they get distributed from there, not sure how your car will get from there to Ohio though possibly by rail.

Yes Baltimore I knew about from emailing with dealer waiting for them to get a 2014 for my test drive. Rail or truck are both possible I think. Thanks again!
Curious, from Southampton England, where do USA bound Evoques arrive and get distributed from?

bought mine from a dealer in Tennessee, USA and had it shipped to Los Angeles, then via Korea and Taiwan to my home country-Philippines Smile
With delivery a few weeks away, it's time to plan the road trip. One of the few places I haven't visited in Japan is the island of Shikoku, and apparently going via the small islands interconnected by bridges is pretty cool. Should be a good mpg/lpk test!

The next question is which speed camera/radar detector to install. Mmmmm.
One that can be mounted in the gap where a smart reader for tolls can be mounted or one that can work through a heated front screen as it appears that some makes don't like heated front screens
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's