babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Coupe Bonnet Vents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Apologies if somebody asked this before...

Ummm..issit just me, or do i think its just a stick- on piece (at least from the pics that i have seen on it)? Does it actually 'vent' the hot air from underneath the bonnet?
They are useless, added trim
(05-08-2011 08:00pm)Ezandania Wrote: [ -> ]Apologies if somebody asked this before...

Ummm..issit just me, or do i think its just a stick- on piece (at least from the pics that i have seen on it)? Does it actually 'vent' the hot air from underneath the bonnet?

There is actually a hole in the bonnet (Coupe & 5 door bonnets have different bonnet pressings)...... but as the exact same engine in the 5 door doesn't have them we can assume they are non functional (i.e. decorative).
If you think about it, a hole in the bonnet is not going to be a very effective way of removing heat from the engine. There's nothing to promote a flow of air and, in any case, these are water cooled engines so there's no mechanism for predictably transferring engine heat to the air surrounding it. Can't think of a commercial air cooled engine still in production. It's frippery, just like the flower design of the rear light clusters but part of the overall RRE design language which you buy into by signing on the dotted line.
It will be interesting to see where the air intake is on the Evoque - LR had to do a minor redsign on Freelander2 and move the intake up to one of the wings after some unfortunate drownings of early cars, so on F2 IIRC one of the vents in the wing isnow functional, same on RRS and D4 where one vent is a dummy. FFRR both side vents are functional. Certainly the tiny vents on the wings of the RRE are too small to be of any use other than styling.
(06-08-2011 08:38am)FullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]It will be interesting to see where the air intake is on the Evoque - LR had to do a minor redsign on Freelander2 and move the intake up to one of the wings after some unfortunate drownings of early cars, so on F2 IIRC one of the vents in the wing isnow functional, same on RRS and D4 where one vent is a dummy. FFRR both side vents are functional. Certainly the tiny vents on the wings of the RRE are too small to be of any use other than styling.

Looks like it just above the fender on the passenger side (if you have right hand drive vehicle). So all the vents are pure styling

[attachment=197]
So if someone with a big a**e leans against the front nearside wing, the engine will stall?
(05-08-2011 11:29pm)Blackseries Wrote: [ -> ]There is actually a hole in the bonnet (Coupe & 5 door bonnets have different bonnet pressings)......

Does anyone know if the coupe bonnet will fit the 5 door Evoque?
you know where this is going
Can't you just buy the bonnet vents and stick them on??
For some strange neurotic reason, that just wouldn't feel the same to me Cool
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's