Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Coupe Bonnet Vents
Ezandania

Coupe Bonnet Vents

Apologies if somebody asked this before...

Ummm..issit just me, or do i think its just a stick- on piece (at least from the pics that i have seen on it)? Does it actually 'vent' the hot air from underneath the bonnet?

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
05-08-2011 08:00pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Coupe Bonnet Vents

They are useless, added trim

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
05-08-2011 09:06pm
Blackseries

(05-08-2011 08:00pm)Ezandania Wrote:  Apologies if somebody asked this before...

Ummm..issit just me, or do i think its just a stick- on piece (at least from the pics that i have seen on it)? Does it actually 'vent' the hot air from underneath the bonnet?

There is actually a hole in the bonnet (Coupe & 5 door bonnets have different bonnet pressings)...... but as the exact same engine in the 5 door doesn't have them we can assume they are non functional (i.e. decorative).

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
05-08-2011 11:29pm
mark_n

If you think about it, a hole in the bonnet is not going to be a very effective way of removing heat from the engine. There's nothing to promote a flow of air and, in any case, these are water cooled engines so there's no mechanism for predictably transferring engine heat to the air surrounding it. Can't think of a commercial air cooled engine still in production. It's frippery, just like the flower design of the rear light clusters but part of the overall RRE design language which you buy into by signing on the dotted line.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
06-08-2011 12:10am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It will be interesting to see where the air intake is on the Evoque - LR had to do a minor redsign on Freelander2 and move the intake up to one of the wings after some unfortunate drownings of early cars, so on F2 IIRC one of the vents in the wing isnow functional, same on RRS and D4 where one vent is a dummy. FFRR both side vents are functional. Certainly the tiny vents on the wings of the RRE are too small to be of any use other than styling.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
06-08-2011 08:38am
berlin2011

(06-08-2011 08:38am)FullFatTim Wrote:  It will be interesting to see where the air intake is on the Evoque - LR had to do a minor redsign on Freelander2 and move the intake up to one of the wings after some unfortunate drownings of early cars, so on F2 IIRC one of the vents in the wing isnow functional, same on RRS and D4 where one vent is a dummy. FFRR both side vents are functional. Certainly the tiny vents on the wings of the RRE are too small to be of any use other than styling.

Looks like it just above the fender on the passenger side (if you have right hand drive vehicle). So all the vents are pure styling

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2011 02:39pm by berlin2011.)
07-08-2011 02:39pm
mark_n

So if someone with a big a**e leans against the front nearside wing, the engine will stall?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
07-08-2011 03:14pm
Rein

(05-08-2011 11:29pm)Blackseries Wrote:  There is actually a hole in the bonnet (Coupe & 5 door bonnets have different bonnet pressings)......

Does anyone know if the coupe bonnet will fit the 5 door Evoque?
you know where this is going

Blacked-out Evoque Cool

Santorini black, 5dr, dynamic, SD4 auto
Mods: My Evoque Topic
26-08-2011 09:23pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SW6RR

Can't you just buy the bonnet vents and stick them on??

Arrived (5/11/11): SD4 5-door "Presnamic" Lux Very Happy Auto, Fuji, Spirit/Tan, Style 8 20" Wheels, fully loaded (bar RSE, smoker's pack and Homelink)
26-08-2011 09:31pm
Rein

For some strange neurotic reason, that just wouldn't feel the same to me Cool

Blacked-out Evoque Cool

Santorini black, 5dr, dynamic, SD4 auto
Mods: My Evoque Topic
(This post was last modified: 26-08-2011 10:01pm by Rein.)
26-08-2011 10:00pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply