babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: High Insurance Quotes-Making Me Get Disgruntled!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Have been ringing round several insurance companies & nearly every quote I get is over £1000 = B****y rediculous - never had quotes for any car even when I was 17 at anything like £1K Evil They all say it comes down to the car which I can only assume means that Range Rovers get nicked a lot Twisted Evil Not happy at all given I am just turned 47 with full no-claims.

This as well as a couple of personal issues may mean I consider selling my deposit/delivery date which is approx the 26th of this month to the highest bidder lol. I may sucumbe to common sense but at the minute I am a little depressed with certain things! Maybe I should have ordered a Pure which may or may not be more sensible!
I would say it's more likely to be your address as I'm only a little older than you at 54 and am paying £200 year with a high loading for my job, full NCB and I have off road use included for that but I live in a rural Scottish post code. Only ever had two (unsuccessful) attempts to steal my FFRR's which were parked on the drive.
(05-03-2012 08:49pm)The Valeter Wrote: [ -> ]Have been ringing round several insurance companies & nearly every quote I get is over £1000 = B****y rediculous - never had quotes for any car even when I was 17 at anything like £1K Evil They all say it comes down to the car which I can only assume means that Range Rovers get nicked a lot Twisted Evil Not happy at all given I am just turned 47 with full no-claims.

This as well as a couple of personal issues may mean I consider selling my deposit/delivery date which is approx the 26th of this month to the highest bidder lol. I may sucumbe to common sense but at the minute I am a little depressed with certain things! Maybe I should have ordered a Pure which may or may not be more sensible!

Sorry to hear this, I noticed that our Evqoue will be a pretty high insurance group too, but the quotes haven't been too bad, appx £560 for my wife on 10,000 mile per year, pretty reasonable I thought.

You need to do what is best for you and if it ain't right at the moment, Walk Away!!
41, 3pts, full ncb £450 - admiral multicar
Although i havent got my evoque yet i looked at quotes in Jan before i comitted to another years admiral multicar. I was getting quotes mainly between 800-1000 for the evoque alone. Multicar was about 800 for both the juke and evoque and about 680 for the juke and the mondeo so i insured with them. I will just pay the extra to change the policy to the evoque when it arrives.
I am 29 and have an Evoque and a BMW 330d on an admiral multi car policy - Less than £1000

I previously had an SLK 350 and C CLass 220 CDI for £750 with admiral too.
(05-03-2012 08:57pm)cjfp Wrote: [ -> ]41, 3pts, full ncb £450 - admiral multicar

They wouldn't even quote for me as they said because I am in the so called motor trade (valeting private cars!!) hardly motor trade in the true sense, even more irritating.
I have asked in the quote for SDP & Class 1 Business use as in travel to & from multi places of work though that is generally 1 or at most 2 per day.
Ah, it may be the "business" bit that is killing your quote but as you need it then you gotta have it.
I'm with Aviva...similar age, with business use, 1 small fault claim in last 5 years, no penalty points. £400.

The premium actually worked out cheaper than I was paying for my Landcruiser which surprised me.

Dont give up your deposit until you have checked what the premium will be on any alternative car you choose...there may be only a small difference.

Why give up on owning this fantastic motor for the sake of maybe only a couple of hundred quid...3 tanks of petrol...half a service...two tickets to watch Wales beat England at the rugby....I'll fetch my coat!!!!!!!!!
(05-03-2012 09:20pm)Daigriff Wrote: [ -> ]I'm with Aviva...similar age, with business use, 1 small fault claim in last 5 years, no penalty points. £400.

They quoted me £1118 today. Some have said the business use only adds less than £100.

I don't mind paying insurance but I don't like being stitched up. I told Admiral that someone drove into the front bumper of my Freelander back in November but didn't involve my insurance & they said it may affect it a little to which I replied that is nothing more than an excuse to rip one off!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's