babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Okaaaay, here comes the snow!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Well, the snow is on its way apparently and everyone at work was concerned about how the journey back in on Monday would be...Shocked

For the last two years I have not had the slightest concern because I had an LR Discovery 4 with 50/50 off-road/road M/S tyres and driven cautiously it drove through snow as though it simply wasn't there. Cool

Now I have the Evoque however and albeit at first I was not too bothered about the prospect of icy conditions, appreciating that it has 100% summer tyres does have me a little worried given that I live in a valley and just getting to the nearest main road involves a narrow (cars parked either side of road) steep climb that doesn't allow a run up.

Soooo, I'd be interested in hearing about actual experiences from those of you who have the summer tyres on!
What snow lol would live some snow down here to test what the evoque can do.
@fam1x - your wish may well come true tonight!
Yep, 5-10cm according to the Met Office in the South East over a 12 hour window, 6pm today to 6am tomorrow. If this does happen, it will mean many of us will find out what the Evoque is like on slippery stuff.
Just remember that having a 4WD doesn't make you invincible, the laws of physics still apply and stopping can still be difficult, don't just go out in the bad weather to try out your car's 4WD system and the snow setting on the TR system, it can all end in much unhappiness if some clot in a 3 series BMW runs into your 4WD Evoque
Snowing here in co Durham now, we are 1000 ft above sea level though.
The 4wd system on the evoque is well up to the job but you have to drive appropriate to the conditions, my last two Fl2s coped well on the standard 19" tyre and latterly on the 18". We have no snow where I am so I can't go out and try the evoque but with it being similar to the freelander setup I have 100% confidence in it. Just don't go tackling massive snow drifts. Laughing
(04-02-2012 11:52am)fam1x Wrote: [ -> ]What snow lol would live some snow down here to test what the evoque can do.

Wait a few hours & you should find out!!
Just heard on the BBC R4 news that parts of the M6 in Staffordshire is down to one slippery lane in each direction, Schipol Airport was closed today (glad I flew Dubai to Glasgow last night without the company's normal Schipol stop as they prefer to use KLM but used Emirates this time!) M6 in the Lakes/Northumberland regions is bad and part of the M74 are bad but here in sunny Central Scotland we have clear skies and a plunging thermometer
Traffic more or less stopped in South Wales valley, aside from idiots and the lucky 4 x 4 owners!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's