babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Okaaaay, here comes the snow!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I was interested to see how the Evoque copes in the snow. I currently own a Fiat Panda Cross 4x4 and live in Scotland. This was my first 4x4 now I won't have anything else. Last year in the worst snow storm for a decade I went out to "play" in the Panda and nothing would stop it. I looked for the steepest hills but I still couldn't find anything to stop it. The tyres on it come standard as Continental contact 4x4 m&s rated. I would only trade this in for an Evoque only if the Evoque performed the same or better.

Here's what the panda is capable of in the snow.

Yes around here there are lots of "essential" services people like doctors and district nurses who run Fiat Panda 4x4's and swear by them. As you say they are almost unstoppable, mainly due to their very light weight. They cannot go very far off road but in winter conditions they are nearly as good as a Lada Niva Cossack but a darn sight more comfortable than one!
I would disagree with you about it's off road capabilities. It's probably just as good off road. Last summer I was driving around Torphicon and noticed There was an off road Landrover day on the hills. I went over for a look and asked if I could go on the course. As expected they laughed and said of course just fill in all the insurance waivers and we'll pick you up later!
So I headed off following a defender into the hills. As I returned back of the hills a guy came over and said I had just cost himĀ£20 on a bet!

The only think that would be ideal on the Panda would be more ground clearance.

By the way they've stopped making them now last is the 60 plate.
2 year old ones sell for what they cost new 2 years ago.
Norman I think I was at Torphican that day EmbarrassedEmbarrassed in my Defender. It's a nice track. If you fancy trying some less muddy drives off road have you thought about joining the Scottish Green Road Club? http://www.scotgrc.co.uk

The day's out at Torphican may be numbered as the landowner sadly passed away on 23rd December, it was a very popular venue with the Scottish Land Rover Owners Club and they held may driving days and competitive off road racing days there.
I am taking delivery next week, just in time to get some snow.

My tyres are specified as 235/55R19 A/T . Anyone know what the A/T stands for?
All Terrain, they are 80% off road and 20% on road use, seems an odd tyre to be getting as standard fit. They are not usually offered by the factory for an Evoque
Just looked on topix, my car has those tyres too. Tim- Is this a good or bad thing? Would you know how these tyres perform under normal driving conditions, and how they would cope in snow?
Well I've just taken my car for a short trip up the road - the main road is clear and well gritted so only my local road is under 10cm of snow but the Evoque handled the tight S-bend and hill at the end no problem at all and it has the UHP Summer tyres on. It didn't even need the Terrain Response option although I used it going out and liked that it shows you where the wheels are pointing like my Disco 4 did.
(05-02-2012 11:15am)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]All Terrain, they are 80% off road and 20% on road use, seems an odd tyre to be getting as standard fit. They are not usually offered by the factory for an Evoque

Have had a quick look at reviews of this tyre, seems to rate very well, with most saying good performance in snow.
(05-02-2012 02:51pm)LDT Wrote: [ -> ]Have had a quick look at reviews of this tyre, seems to rate very well, with most saying good performance in snow.

Which brand did you check out? I dont have any brand specified on Topix so no idea what I will find under my Evoque. Which brand tire did you guys get?
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's