babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Xenons on pure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Absolutely agree DRLs should be a good safety feature. Comment above about people driving at night without lights on, and the implication that DRLs resolve this. But note DRLs only light the front of the car. So the rear lights, dashboard and interior switchgear remain unlit. Personally I prefer to either have my lights totally off (if sunny) or fully on (overcast, raining, dark etc). Never really found a need for the inbetween settings (DRL and side lights). Safety aside, my issue with DRLs is about the artistic freedom it gives car designers. So we have elegant interpretations such as BMW's halo rings. (The warm-white ones, as opposed to the bright-white variation.) At the other end of the scale we have quite garish designs. And these designs tend to be cars with bright-white LED implementations, as opposed to more subtle incandescent ones. So back to topic...I saw a Pure yesterday with the standard DRLs and thought they looked very elegant!
The main reason i didn't opt for xenons is that I don't do a lot of night time driving so didn't think I would get the full benefit of them, although I do like the signature lighting but wasn't prepared to pay £710 just for fancy DRLs.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's