babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Xenons on pure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I don't give a monkey, 710 quid for some fancy drl. Rip off.
I see the DRL's as a bonus, I have done a lot of night driving and since my last 6 cars have had xenons, you notice the difference when you get into a halogen equipped car.
I can see both sides, it is expensive but in my opinion worth it, if we had gone Pure then it was a MUST!
(20-12-2011 11:53am)fam1x Wrote: [ -> ]Have to agree it just stands out more with xenons Smile

Am I the only person who thinks the standard halogen DRLs look better than the squiggly ones?? As an aside, can the DRLs be deactivated (legally) in the UK? In my current car, it's a simple as not switching on the DRLs. However the RRE doesn't appear to have a DRL setting on the light switch.
I think you probably are the only one
Laughing
Paul - yes u are Laughing

No, they can't be switched off (legally), so hence no switch
Oh yes Paul you are...........
(22-12-2011 10:22pm)paul Wrote: [ -> ]Am I the only person who thinks the standard halogen DRLs look better than the squiggly ones?? As an aside, can the DRLs be deactivated (legally) in the UK? In my current car, it's a simple as not switching on the DRLs. However the RRE doesn't appear to have a DRL setting on the light switch.

DRL will become a legal standard on all new cars pretty soon thanks to the EU. I personally think its a very good idea as other people are able to see you on the road. It's a good safety feature, I've seen so many idiot driving without main lighs on are night.
But why r drl only on front!? Doesn't solve those drIving at night with no rear lights - and actually more likely as the dlr will make them think that they do have lights on. Gonna mod my evoque so rear lights are also on with dlr
(22-12-2011 11:14pm)fam1x Wrote: [ -> ]DRL will become a legal standard on all new cars pretty soon thanks to the EU. I personally think its a very good idea as other people are able to see you on the road. It's a good safety feature, I've seen so many idiot driving without main lighs on are night.
Absolutely, and not before time. A great feature for daylight driving.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's