babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Xenons on pure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Well I've ummed and ahhed about this since putting the deposit down back in September. The angel on one shoulder was telling me that £710 was a lot of money for something that I will hardly ever see but the devil was telling me that the car simply looks better with them. This particular thread sides heavily with the devil and in the end I caved in. However, when I checked in at my dealer today to see if I could get xenons added I was told that they are committed to build the car now (for mid Jan, delivery end of Jan) and it's too late. The angel came to my rescue?
(20-12-2011 09:27pm)Ray Parlour Wrote: [ -> ]Well I've ummed and ahhed about this since putting the deposit down back in September. The angel on one shoulder was telling me that £710 was a lot of money for something that I will hardly ever see but the devil was telling me that the car simply looks better with them. This particular thread sides heavily with the devil and in the end I caved in. However, when I checked in at my dealer today to see if I could get xenons added I was told that they are committed to build the car now (for mid Jan, delivery end of Jan) and it's too late. The angel came to my rescue?

Ooops! Hope you are happy with the Angel!
I'm glad I got my Xenons and I would have refused the car if it did not have them on it.
At least you got some logical choices for Xeon or not. For here in Hong Kong, either I accept a Pure without Xeon, or pay GBP9.8K more for a Dynamic with Xeon. Among the GBP9.8K difference, I only want the Xeon light and the Magneride. I figured that's too much and settled for the Pure. Moreover, I don't want the large wheels on Dynamic package here.
(20-12-2011 09:27pm)Ray Parlour Wrote: [ -> ]Well I've ummed and ahhed about this since putting the deposit down back in September. The angel on one shoulder was telling me that £710 was a lot of money for something that I will hardly ever see but the devil was telling me that the car simply looks better with them. This particular thread sides heavily with the devil and in the end I caved in. However, when I checked in at my dealer today to see if I could get xenons added I was told that they are committed to build the car now (for mid Jan, delivery end of Jan) and it's too late. The angel came to my rescue?

That sounds like a real shame, i have the same build time and delivery date as you, so sounds like we were in the same pool (my build is also now confirmed and not open for change) i was also told xenon was not possible when placing the order, the difference for me was that when my dealer was adding my build to the system, he saw xenon was now available for jan builds, got straight on the phone to me and asked if i wanted them back on.. top man !, shame yours did not do the same as you could have had then on a jan build..., if you are happy though, you have saved some cash i guess Wink
(21-12-2011 08:16pm)Pedalpower Wrote: [ -> ]That sounds like a real shame, i have the same build time and delivery date as you, so sounds like we were in the same pool (my build is also now confirmed and not open for change) i was also told xenon was not possible when placing the order, the difference for me was that when my dealer was adding my build to the system, he saw xenon was now available for jan builds, got straight on the phone to me and asked if i wanted them back on.. top man !, shame yours did not do the same as you could have had then on a jan build..., if you are happy though, you have saved some cash i guess Wink

Thing is, I don't give a monkeys about the xenons per se, it's the LED DRLs. Why do the halogen headlights get a sort of white glow-ball in the headlamp cluster and not the neat little LED frames that the xenons get? I'm hoping that eventually the frame in which the xenons sit will be available as a spare part and then, maybe...
Until then, however, I will be avoiding driving/parking close to reflective surfaces.
(21-12-2011 09:24pm)Ray Parlour Wrote: [ -> ]Thing is, I don't give a monkeys about the xenons per se, it's the LED DRLs. Why do the halogen headlights get a sort of white glow-ball in the headlamp cluster and not the neat little LED frames that the xenons get? I'm hoping that eventually the frame in which the xenons sit will be available as a spare part and then, maybe...
Until then, however, I will be avoiding driving/parking close to reflective surfaces.

Fair point, i think most people who only see the lights will think the DRL and the xenon are one of the same thing, but as you said, it would be nice to have the signature DRL on the Halogen lamp and associated price Wink. As you say, that would be the ideal solution for the customer, i guess not so ideal for LR in terms of revenue !
(21-12-2011 11:47am)EVO PUNDITT Wrote: [ -> ]I'm glad I got my Xenons and I would have refused the car if it did not have them on it.

Rolling Eyes I'm not often lost for words but - YOU GOT me!!
(21-12-2011 11:47am)EVO PUNDITT Wrote: [ -> ]I'm glad I got my Xenons and I would have refused the car if it did not have them on it.

+1
Oh you're such a vain bunch Wink

I'd have liked to have Xenon lights so that i can see where i'm going. The halogens are not the greatest in the world.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's