babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: GET KEYLESS ENTRY!!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Me and my brother both have an evoque si4. I have a prestige and he has a dynamic. We both heavily regret that we didn't order the keyless entry option. We have been driving the cars for 3 weeks now.

Every time i want to drive the car I really do not know where to leave the key. Because I open the doors with it it is alsways in my hands, but there is no keyholder in the car.

Well I can make a long story about the annoying key, but please believe us two and always order keyless entry. Really do that!!!
Sorry to hear that.

Why not unlock the car with the remote, put it in your pocket, then climb in and drive off?
I unlock the car and the put key back in my pocket... its a bit weird at first but you get used to it.

Mind you funny story... So I did as above with the key then during the journey I get a bit hot and take my jacket off and throw it on the back seat, pull up at destination and park in an awkward space, passenger gets out and grabs the jackets off the back seat (5dr Smile ) just as a better space comes available, so I say you go on I'll park over there, go to start tne car "Smart key not found" its in my jacket walking rapidly away... normally key would still be in the ignition!
(29-11-2011 12:18am)Grah Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to hear that.

Why not unlock the car with the remote, put it in your pocket, then climb in and drive off?

I don't know... It just doesn't work for me. I have about 10 keys and a key cord. In my FL2 I would insert the key and drop the keycord over my steering column.
- In my pocket 10 keys don't feel really comfy
- it is really the only thing that is annoying.
- It might sound like I am whining about a small thing, but is really getting me angry.

And indeed. If the key is in my pocket and someone else driving and I get out of the car. That person can drive away, but never start the car again. Also very very strange.
We had exactly the same problem when we picked up our Kuga 3 years ago! Like the Evoque, it had keyless start. So a cold day in December we had the handover, and prepared to set off. BUT, I said to the wife, what do I do with the key? She looked blankly at me. The key, the key!, what do I do with it? I mean, there is nowhere specifically designed for it to go! Oh, she said, I see what you mean! Let me look in the handbook. 10 minutes later we realised with horror that there was indeed nowhere to put it. Rather upset by this, my wife grabs me by the arm…. ‘You aren’t going to believe this….but I can’t find anywhere specifically designed for my handbag’. What! I shouted…really…? Check the handbook! But upon inspection…nothing!. Just then, I noticed that my wallet in my jeans pocket was digging in….so I removed it and held it in my hand. ‘So where do I put this?’ Wife looked rather shocked….checked the manual, nothing….! Oh FFS! I can’t believe there is no specific place for my wallet! What were Ford thinking, idiots!.

I’m raging by this point….walks into the dealer and demand he comes over and has a look. Surely a design fault. Whilst back in the car, I’m explaining my horror at the lack of specific storage facilities, when my wife interrupts, ‘it’s actually worse than we though….I’ve looked everywhere, and can’t find a anywhere specific to store the house key, and don’t get me started on where to put the brolly…… Right!!!! That’s it. We are rejecting the car!

So, we handed it back to the dealer…..and we got the bus home in disgust…….
You have had one to many coffees this morning Laughing
Smile

I just imagine the poor designers at LR. Come up with a truly groundbreaking design, and the biggest complaint is that people are distressed about where to put their key...
Don't really understand the argument set out in the first post. Even if you have keyless entry, you still have to have the key in the car. So if you have the key on your key chain with "10 keys and a key cord" you still have to put it somewhere inside the car don't you? The same problem still exists.
What are you storing under the armrest or next to the cupholders if you can't put your key there?
Absolutely LP, Only difference is you don't get the keys out of your pocket...

Frankly I like the confirming flash and mirrors moving in when I lock it with the button...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's