babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Wind whistling between 50+ mph
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi new to this forum got my new evoque last week fuji White prestige with lux pack, loving the car it drives brilliant only down side is rattles to the interior, and a whistling wind noise at 50mph up to top speed it's really annoying me as it's not subtle even with radio on it's going back to LR week of the 10th of oct and I'm hoping they discover where it's coming from I'm not bothered by wind noise but this is Definatly one of those noises you know should not be there, if I have experienced this during test drive I would not have purchased this car it bothers me this much, I will report back after LR have had a look at it.
I think I read about an issue with the drivers door seal - could it be this?
I'm fairly sure I read that Tim took his in to Lookers with a similar issue - not sure how he got on?
I'm pretty sure that Tim had his doors adjusted to eliminate some wind noise.
Hope that helps.
Do you have a problem with full stops and commas? Laughing
Yes I have a wind noise on the top curved section of the driver's door. The guys at LPR fixed it by adjusting the door hinges but it is back again. Scott is yours a 5 door or a Coupe? My suspicion is that the door hinges are the same on the 5 door and Coupe but the coupe doors are longer, therefore heavier and I think that is the cause of the problem.
(01-10-2011 09:12pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I have a wind noise on the top curved section of the driver's door. The guys at LPR fixed it by adjusting the door hinges but it is back again. Scott is yours a 5 door or a Coupe? My suspicion is that the door hinges are the same on the 5 door and Coupe but the coupe doors are longer, therefore heavier and I think that is the cause of the problem.
Yes mine is a five door,the area mine seems to be coming from is around the drivers front door tweeter speaker and the small vent on the pillar, it's not so much as wind noise but a high pitch variable whistle that increases and decreases with speed the door seems to be inline, i have also tried to adjust the door seal itself but no difference, today I am going to put some tape around the wing mirror and see if that resolves the problem just so as I can pinpoint where it's coming from I've got a 3 1/2 hr motorway journey tomorrow so I will try as much as I can to find out what the problem is before it goes in.
Inside the tubular structures of the car, such as the a-pillars are rubber baffles which are glued in position - the glue melts when the car is being painted and these serve to reduce resonance effects - like organ pipes. It's possible these are not sealing properly. Then again, it may be just coming from the enormous door mirrors.
Okay. I grew up in a auto body shop. I left my Evoque Coupe at dealership for a week to resolve wind noise issue. No luck with that. Today I methodically taped the corner windshield trim pieces. Then I taped the seams on the mirror, then taped seams on door so no wind would pass through. Still, there is noise. Close both mirrors and the sound is completely eliminated. No amount of adjusting The doors will change this. There is an inherit design flaw with the large mirrors so that wind, and therefore noise, is present. I will now experiment with changing the overall design of mirror and see if I can get the wind noise deflected down instead of the top corner of the door. This is irritating only because the flaw is present if you hear well and are used to quiet vehicles. If you come from driving a CJ-7 then you will be happy with this vehicle. Very Happy
I tried closing the mirrors but mine will not fold in when driving, only when not moving. I guess this is a standard safety feature?
I can fold mine at any time. I have an automatic trans. However, I do live in Texas and we're not very safe over here! Maybe it's a regional setting to allow the mirrors to fold as ive heard others say they can't fold theirs in at speed.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's