babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Wind whistling between 50+ mph
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(25-12-2011 08:23pm)lngrn36 Wrote: [ -> ]I will now experiment with changing the overall design of mirror and see if I can get the wind noise deflected down instead of the top corner of the door.

Ummm...what do you mean you're gonna change the design? Are you a fabricator of sorts? If you are, try the original LRX design Smile Doubt it's going to be legal in certain countries though.
(26-12-2011 01:20pm)lngrn36 Wrote: [ -> ]I can fold mine at any time. I have an automatic trans. However, I do live in Texas and we're not very safe over here! Maybe it's a regional setting to allow the mirrors to fold as ive heard others say they can't fold theirs in at speed.

From manual: Note: Powerfold will operate only if vehicle speed is below 113km/h (70 mph).
(26-12-2011 04:37pm)berlin2011 Wrote: [ -> ]From manual: Note: Powerfold will operate only if vehicle speed is below 113km/h (70 mph).

Cool. I'll try that next! Although 70 is above the speed limit on most roads here except for freeways.

(26-12-2011 04:02pm)Ezandania Wrote: [ -> ]Ummm...what do you mean you're gonna change the design? Are you a fabricator of sorts? If you are, try the original LRX design Smile Doubt it's going to be legal in certain countries though.

I'm a designer. I will cobble something together on this "big" mirror. I would like to know if there are different mirrors for countries. I cannot imagine LR listening to this noise and saying "we've got it so quiet you can't hear anything but this huge wind rattle from our big mirrors! We sure the customer will be satisfied with this!"
I think they are all the same. Might have to change it out to a different mirror all together!
I don't seem to have any door noise but I can hear the wind on the mirrors.

Not sure what you're planning but my last BMW had small fins on the underside of the mirrors which I assume were designed to quieten the wind flow
This noise sounds like some paper is wrapped and hanging on the door window right in the corner where it starts to turn down at the windshield. Obnoxious even with the stereo blasting.
Sad
How do you fold the mirrors, just with the normal controls or someway else.. They fold in when parked automatically for me.
(27-12-2011 04:31am)RoverMD Wrote: [ -> ]How do you fold the mirrors, just with the normal controls or someway else.. They fold in when parked automatically for me.

Push the mirror buttons on either side of the adjust lever at the same time and hold in until they start to fold, let go. They will fold in as when locked. Repeat to open.
Wink
I have the same problem - after exceeding about 50mph I get this whistling noise on drivers side. It is not a mirror wind, it sounds as if something was not sealed completely. The high pitch noise is quite annoying.
The dealer now ordered new A pillar plastic cover to replace it, but I am skeptical about the result...
Did anybody who had this problem find a permanent fix? VIN number on my car is out of range for the door seal issue discussed elsewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I had the same problem, but my left door turned out not to be aligned correctly, so i gave the car back to the dealer this monday and should recieve it this week and hopefully that will solve the issue

Ill let you guys know how it went
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's