babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Is it a Ford Engine?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys probably somewhere on the forum already but hard to google by the search function. So is it still the ford engine they are using?
IIRC The diesel is a modified for off road use Peugeot/Citroen/Ford engine and the Petrol is a Ford Econetic design to be used in the forthcoming Focus ST
Interesting to think pre GFC, how much money Ford poured into Landrover and Jaguar and even Volvo. I would assume it was the Ford money that allowed the concepts, modelling and production of the current Jaguars and now the Evoque. It is Ford money that have revitalised the sales of both marks and due to GFC Ford had to offload them.

I would think that Tata Motors are sitting back rubbing their hand together at the increased cashflow coming in given the money Ford spent.
there is a great article in car magazine with the LRX on the cover....it ponders the wisdom of the sale of jaguar and landrover by ford given the (at the time) recently released XF and stunning LRX concept...
It's a bit easy to give the credit to Ford for the Evoque. Top management at Tata understood that the LRX concept had to be faithfully translated into production. This is exceptionally rare. And isn't something that Ford management seemed to have been able to do in their years of JLR ownership. Just look at what they did to Jaguar...

In 2008, the LRX was just a concept...
I was not sure what the delay between the official ok and production would be. Without any real knowledge I would have thought there would have been a bit of lead time to organize suppliers and tooling if giving a go ahead to production from concept.
Reference URL's