Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it a Ford Engine?
Tomson

Is it a Ford Engine?

Guys probably somewhere on the forum already but hard to google by the search function. So is it still the ford engine they are using?
19-09-2011 02:29pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Is it a Ford Engine?

IIRC The diesel is a modified for off road use Peugeot/Citroen/Ford engine and the Petrol is a Ford Econetic design to be used in the forthcoming Focus ST

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 19-09-2011 02:37pm by XFullFatTim.)
19-09-2011 02:36pm
Barneyridge

Interesting to think pre GFC, how much money Ford poured into Landrover and Jaguar and even Volvo. I would assume it was the Ford money that allowed the concepts, modelling and production of the current Jaguars and now the Evoque. It is Ford money that have revitalised the sales of both marks and due to GFC Ford had to offload them.

I would think that Tata Motors are sitting back rubbing their hand together at the increased cashflow coming in given the money Ford spent.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
20-09-2011 04:05am
gead

there is a great article in car magazine with the LRX on the cover....it ponders the wisdom of the sale of jaguar and landrover by ford given the (at the time) recently released XF and stunning LRX concept...

White 5 dr SD4 Dynamic.
20-09-2011 08:05am
alanet

It's a bit easy to give the credit to Ford for the Evoque. Top management at Tata understood that the LRX concept had to be faithfully translated into production. This is exceptionally rare. And isn't something that Ford management seemed to have been able to do in their years of JLR ownership. Just look at what they did to Jaguar...

In 2008, the LRX was just a concept...
20-09-2011 08:30am
Barneyridge

I was not sure what the delay between the official ok and production would be. Without any real knowledge I would have thought there would have been a bit of lead time to organize suppliers and tooling if giving a go ahead to production from concept.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
20-09-2011 11:34am