babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Coupe - rear seat access
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,

I'm curious who's got a coupe, particularly with the std seats, and how rear seat access is. Painfully slow or liveable?

The dealer here reckons the normal seats area bit faster to move back.... but no cars arrived in Aus so he's going from a short demo a while ago.

Any thoughts? The idea of having unusable rear seats that put people off coming in my car are driving me to the 5 door.

Thanks!
(12-09-2011 02:04pm)memota Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I'm curious who's got a coupe, particularly with the std seats, and how rear seat access is. Painfully slow or liveable?

The dealer here reckons the normal seats area bit faster to move back.... but no cars arrived in Aus so he's going from a short demo a while ago.

Any thoughts? The idea of having unusable rear seats that put people off coming in my car are driving me to the 5 door.

Thanks!

The speed is fine if Beyonce is getting in the back and your standing behind her waiting... if it's peeing down with rain , and your kids have to get in the back, you'll be in trouble...

I posted about this before, it's VERY slow....

but it didnt stop me ordering a couple....Smile
(12-09-2011 02:12pm)Owend Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-09-2011 02:04pm)memota Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Thanks!

The speed is fine if Beyonce is getting in the back and your standing behind her waiting... if it's peeing down with rain , and your kids have to get in the back, you'll be in trouble...

I posted about this before, it's VERY slow....

but it didnt stop me ordering a couple....Smile

QUALITY!Laughing
They informed me at the Evoque unleashed event that production cars have a faster motor and an even faster one will be put in early next year. No good for me though - Nov delivery.
Cheers
That's interesting, I certainly agree the earliest cars were painfully slow but it's been enough of a crticism (from, for example, J Clarkson) for LR to do something about it. I hardly every carry people in the back but it's possible the faster motor will be available (at a cost) to retro-fit.
(12-09-2011 02:20pm)griff Wrote: [ -> ]They informed me at the Evoque unleashed event that production cars have a faster motor and an even faster one will be put in early next year. No good for me though - Nov delivery.
Cheers

Oh really? How early next year for the new motor?

Anyone actually got a coupe that cares to comment?
All he said was "early next year when we run out of existing stock"
Jan/Feb?
The slow motor is fitted to my car. It is painful and today my rear passengers got soaked through as did the driver's seat with the driving rain we have had here.
After getting in and out of both a Pure and Dynamic in the showroom I would say the coupe motors take an age and getting out is a bit of an art form.....

Having said that it is a coupe... they are not supposed to be practical.
Yes but the seat motors could be a lot faster than they are which would help those getting in and out regardless of how inelegant the actual process of embarking and disembarking might be!
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's