babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Coupe - rear seat access
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
well like the most 'fashionable' clothing, it ain't practical either....all about the looks...b***** the functionality!!
lol
Just connect a battery to the motor and blow it and get a new bigger under warranty they will soon do a recall !! Lol
believe it or not the reason i got rid of a 2007 90 SW defender was watching people struggle with the puma style seats as they got in.

Will early orders get the updated motors as part of an enhancement program ?
I like it Kevoque....
Well simple but effective if we all do it !!
Lol
Kev
The problem is that it's the same motor which is used for seat adjustment so has to be powerful enough to move the seat with someone who's been to McDonalds too often sitting in it. When the seat is empty, the power required is much less but the motor/gearbox grinds away at the same slow speed. They need a motor which can trade speed for torque and use the forward tipping backrest as a sign to go faster.
Good thinking Mark, and it doesn't even return to the previous position after you have finished contorting your rear seat passengers so they can get in. The only way to get it back to the desired previous position is to use the memory switches on the
door trim or to push the starter button. It needs some more thought when makers like SEAT and Skoda can have manually operated seats that go back to the correct position on cars costing half the price of the cheapest Evoque.
It's a Land Rover at heart - I don't know why anybody is surprised at silly design flaws. A bit like the crappy plastic trim that is still on the outside of 11 and 12MY Range Rovers that comes loose...
Well, we were hoping that the Evoque would break that particular mould...
I have a seat motor from an Evoque and im n talks now with a motor rewinding company to see if it can be spead without to much loss of torque, and of course at a resonable cost.

Another quirk im told is that the Dynamic cant have side tubes/bars fitted as they cant get past the side plastics Sad yet another design issue from landrover lol.

Pete
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's