Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
parking sensor beeps....
PhilSkill

RE: parking sensor beeps....

Yes, you get used to it quickly but dont pull forwards into a parking space and expect them to beep, you'll hear a crunch first! There is a light on the button when they are on, so you get used to checking that.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
03-08-2012 02:03pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Skydive99

Had a rear parking sensor malfunction, resulting in £3k worth of damage to my vehicle. Replaced the boot and complete rear bumper unit. Needless to say, I will not be placing too much faith in them again!
15-09-2012 01:57pm
stunt

(02-08-2012 09:49pm)NightFox Wrote:  You wouldn't want them active all the time (if I'm understanding you correctly) - they'd drive you mad every time someone pulled up behind you waiting at traffic lights or if you were sat at a T junction every time traffic crossed in front of you.

Mercedes have this sussed. Supprised RR dont mirror Merc on this

Fuji SD4 Dynamic. Coupe. Manual, Privacy
02-10-2012 10:24pm
PhilSkill

(02-10-2012 10:24pm)stunt Wrote:  Mercedes have this sussed. Supprised RR dont mirror Merc on this

And...? how does a Merc tell a parked car you dont want to hit from a car just stopped in front of you at traffic lights?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
02-10-2012 11:32pm
chiggy

(02-10-2012 11:32pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  And...? how does a Merc tell a parked car you dont want to hit from a car just stopped in front of you at traffic lights?

Mercedes have a little tiny display on the dash and at the back on the rooflining that is kind of like the signal bars you have on your phone. The closer you go the more bars you get (orange lights) and when you get really close it starts beeping (red lights).

So when driving its pretty decent its just the lights that come on no beeping until its dangerously close.

Pretty good system to be honest and 99% of the time you don't even notice its there cause its very small.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
03-10-2012 02:01am
stunt

(03-10-2012 02:01am)chiggy Wrote:  Mercedes have a little tiny display on the dash and at the back on the rooflining that is kind of like the signal bars you have on your phone. The closer you go the more bars you get (orange lights) and when you get really close it starts beeping (red lights).

So when driving its pretty decent its just the lights that come on no beeping until its dangerously close.

Pretty good system to be honest and 99% of the time you don't even notice its there cause its very small.

couldnt of put it better myself

Fuji SD4 Dynamic. Coupe. Manual, Privacy
06-10-2012 09:51pm
LDT

(02-10-2012 10:24pm)stunt Wrote:  Mercedes have this sussed. Supprised RR dont mirror Merc on this

Agree, a much better system, although it did not take me long to get used to hitting the button manually.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
07-10-2012 11:52am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Could be that Merc have patented it so nobody else can use it, or they have a sole supply agreement with the 3rd party maker.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
07-10-2012 04:23pm