babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
parking sensor beeps.... - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: parking sensor beeps.... (/Thread-parking-sensor-beeps)

Pages: 1 2

parking sensor beeps.... - Bruno787 - 21-07-2012 03:29pm

the parking sensors beep too loud for my taste and i cannot distinguish if its beeping for the front, rear, left and right.....is there a way to distinguish? i hear the beeps from the driver's door speaker...hence it kinda mix up the front and rear beeps. Benz' parktronic is a lot better since the sensor speakers are located in different corners of the car....

RE: parking sensor beeps.... - cjfp - 21-07-2012 03:36pm

Turn them down using the volume button

The front and rear have different pitches.

RE: parking sensor beeps.... - Lone Rangerover - 23-07-2012 03:43pm

(21-07-2012 03:36pm)cjfp Wrote:  Turn them down using the volume button

The front and rear have different pitches.

You can go in through the menus and adjust the volume to your preference

parking sensor beeps.... - Kofer - 23-07-2012 04:26pm

Here is photo of my parking results, waiting front parking beeps
[attachment=2529]
This time i did not know that front parking sensors are in work after pressing P on touchscreen. I expected the beeps the same as by moving back in R.
I am lucky becouse it was a few to the damage.

RE: parking sensor beeps.... - ChuckieB - 23-07-2012 11:25pm

Yes the front sensors only come on automatically in conjunction with reverse gear, i.e when you are edging backwards and forwards. When swinging into my drive I have to rememeber to switch the front sensor on!

RE: parking sensor beeps.... - PhilSkill - 23-07-2012 11:34pm

Theres also a menu under setup audio that shows all the relative volume presets so you can adjust them suitably.

RE: parking sensor beeps.... - cs33wa - 02-08-2012 08:53pm

(23-07-2012 11:25pm)ChuckieB Wrote:  Yes the front sensors only come on automatically in conjunction with reverse gear, i.e when you are edging backwards and forwards. When swinging into my drive I have to rememeber to switch the front sensor on!

What do you mean? Is it the front and back sensors are ON all the time?
They should automatically fire warning sound as soon as object come close..

parking sensor beeps.... - Kofer - 02-08-2012 09:47pm

Only back sensors are always on when gear is in R, after that front sensors are on too, when speed is not more than 20kmh. If you while parking dont take back front sensors are on only after you will push "P" button on touchscreen left.

RE: parking sensor beeps.... - NightFox - 02-08-2012 09:49pm

(02-08-2012 08:53pm)cs33wa Wrote:  What do you mean? Is it the front and back sensors are ON all the time?
They should automatically fire warning sound as soon as object come close..

You wouldn't want them active all the time (if I'm understanding you correctly) - they'd drive you mad every time someone pulled up behind you waiting at traffic lights or if you were sat at a T junction every time traffic crossed in front of you.

RE: parking sensor beeps.... - cs33wa - 03-08-2012 04:14am

(02-08-2012 09:49pm)NightFox Wrote:  You wouldn't want them active all the time (if I'm understanding you correctly) - they'd drive you mad every time someone pulled up behind you waiting at traffic lights or if you were sat at a T junction every time traffic crossed in front of you.

Ok, thanks for the info! Good to know because i assumed that the sensors are on all time.
Which mean i have to remember to turn on the front sensor everytime i 'front park'.