Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
little vibration exactly 1400 rpm
FILO

RE: little vibration exactly 1400 rpm

Hello,
I'm from Italy and I have the same problem on my Evo.
I've just come back from the dealer and he told me that here in Italy there is not technical service bulletins or recalls about this issue. He also told me that he will contact Land Rover Italia to try to solve it.
I will let you know.
17-01-2013 04:47pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rootsboy

now i have started to take note of this vibration, i do in fact notice it slightly through the wheel, it subtle but its there.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
17-01-2013 04:55pm
san28

(17-01-2013 04:47pm)FILO Wrote:  Hello,
I'm from Italy and I have the same problem on my Evo.
I've just come back from the dealer and he told me that here in Italy there is not technical service bulletins or recalls about this issue. He also told me that he will contact Land Rover Italia to try to solve it.
I will let you know.

The same in Spain
18-01-2013 02:17pm
Rootsboy

San 28, if your dealer is anything like mine i would not hold your breath for any information regards any fix. i get the feeling from mine that they really don't want to mess with software fixes and would rather just smile at you, tell you there is no fix, and send you on your way.

every time i have had warranty work done by my dealer, i have always had to go back and get the work done again.
they apparently took the car out during its service, to listen out for the 2 rattles i have. and of corse they could not hear them.
now have 3 rattles, the 3rd coming from the area where they replaced the silver trim that runs along the bottom of the drivers side window. on closer inspection there is a little bit of rubber missing where it connects with the wing mirror.
i think i have now also found the rattle from the boot area, and i have a feeling what is causing my rattle from the sunroof blind/roof lining. i just need some help of a friend one day to be sure.

once i know i will be back to the dealer asking for the explanation of why i can find these faults, and they can't, i will also go armed with some of the information which i have downloaded from Topix explaining what the dealers can do to fix it. i think he will be quite shocked that it is possible for us to gain access to that information.

so hopefully they will try to fix these issues with a more positive manner, and not try and treat us like idiots

i still have not found nothing on Topix though relating to the fix for the vibration at 1400 though to help back me up.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
26-01-2013 08:10pm
FILO

any good news?
28-02-2013 10:17am
Rootsboy

I'm still trying to get my car back to the garage. Issue with trying to get a loan car out of them. Apparently you only can get one for the first 6 months in Spain. Calling land rover direct tomorrow to sort it out.

01-03-2013 12:31am
FILO

I actually have good news: Land Rover claims that a solution for this issue has been found.
They contacted me by "certified mail" (that is a sort of registered post with legal validity) and they told me to bring the car to the dealer to fix the issue.
I called the foreman and he told me that he have to replace an engine's brace and the ABS sensor.
I'll keep you up-to-date!
13-03-2013 05:00pm
Rootsboy

That's good to know. I am still trying to get my car into land rover but been to busy of late. The last time I was about to take it in. I got told they could not sort me out a car as I'm only allowed one for the first six months. And I need to contact land rover direct to try and get one.
Was not very happy about this l. And I think I will be on the phone today to get this resolved.
14-03-2013 08:24am
san28

Great FILO! thanks
any good news?
18-03-2013 12:16pm
FILO

Hy everybody!
Today I will bring the car home and I will talk to the foreman.
I hope that everything will be ok.
I will let you know.
22-03-2013 09:45am