Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
little vibration exactly 1400 rpm
tonydina

RE: little vibration exactly 1400 rpm

Looks like I have some good news for anyone that has a vibration\humming noise when the engine is running at around 12-1,400 RPM. I had a scheduled appointment for another non related issue at my dealer in Montreal, Jaguar Laval, (Great dealer by the way, Mark Cardillo is top notch in assisting me with the Evoque, and a Jag FX previously).

He showed me where he gets the recall notices on the Web, and we went through about 50 different potential issues, all very minor annoyances, should they occur. He found one recall notice named "ENGINE CONTROL MODULE REFLASH # Q237) for the Evoque.

The software Re-flash was done in 15 min. So far it eliminated the vibration\humming noise. Its as if a new transmission\engine was put into the Evoque.

Contact your dealer and get this software upgrade done, and within 15 min. It will seem as if you have a new Evoque!
12-12-2012 09:57pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
benzina

Is this on the TOPIx diagnostic website?

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
13-12-2012 01:46am
tonydina

(13-12-2012 01:46am)benzina Wrote:  Is this on the TOPIx diagnostic website?

I did not notice the web address since I thought that the site is only for Land Rover techs.
13-12-2012 02:31am
san28

Hello!

I contacted my dealer in Spain and he don´t know anything about "ENGINE CONTROL MODULE REFLASH # Q237). Sad(((((
What can I do????
09-01-2013 12:43pm
Evo-king

I have contacted my service plan dealer, mine will be going in next week to have this looked at, they have also just taken delivery of a manual demonstrator so a side by side comparison will be taking place as well.

I'll keep you all posted.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
09-01-2013 10:08pm
tonydina

(09-01-2013 12:43pm)san28 Wrote:  Hello!

I contacted my dealer in Spain and he don´t know anything about "ENGINE CONTROL MODULE REFLASH # Q237). Sad(((((
What can I do????

My dealer in Montreal, showed me on his computer the Range Rover web site for dealers where all recalls are posted for the different models. There is quite a few of recalls, but mostly minor ones. Insist that your dealer show you where all the recalls for the Evoque are shown.

My vibration was caused by the ECM and TCM not properly programmed for certain weather and road conditions. The vibration, which actually felt like the transmission was in to high a gear and the engine struggled to accelerate. The Q237 reflash worked and now the Evoque drives like a 60,000.00$ should drive, perfectly!
10-01-2013 04:14am
san28

(10-01-2013 04:14am)tonydina Wrote:  My dealer in Montreal, showed me on his computer the Range Rover web site for dealers where all recalls are posted for the different models. There is quite a few of recalls, but mostly minor ones. Insist that your dealer show you where all the recalls for the Evoque are shown.

My vibration was caused by the ECM and TCM not properly programmed for certain weather and road conditions. The vibration, which actually felt like the transmission was in to high a gear and the engine struggled to accelerate. The Q237 reflash worked and now the Evoque drives like a 60,000.00$ should drive, perfectly!
Thanx!!
Thumbs Up
I´ll try it again
10-01-2013 09:31am
daveo

I have just had mine in for repair. Whole vehicle was jusddering on acceleration and had an almost permanent vibration enough to cause white finger after a long drive. Still trying to understand the translation but parts were dry of grease when they should have been full of grease and part of the mounting for the front wheels was broken. I will translate once I have a full report from the garage. Car runs so smoothly now its untrue, like a totally different motor.
12-01-2013 07:08pm
san28

(12-01-2013 07:08pm)daveo Wrote:  I have just had mine in for repair. Whole vehicle was jusddering on acceleration and had an almost permanent vibration enough to cause white finger after a long drive. Still trying to understand the translation but parts were dry of grease when they should have been full of grease and part of the mounting for the front wheels was broken. I will translate once I have a full report from the garage. Car runs so smoothly now its untrue, like a totally different motor.
I think that it is not the same problem as discussed in this post. We hace a little vibration only around 1400 rpm
14-01-2013 11:10am
Rootsboy

i have been trying to work out where this vibration/rattle comes from in my car, i thought it could either be the parcel shelf or the sunroom mechanism.
what i have noticed is that i hear this at around 1400 rpm, but i don't feel nothing through the steering wheel.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
14-01-2013 03:15pm