Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
iPhone5
cutter7

iPhone5

4G will only be available in 4 main cities in the Uk as of next week..

The rest of the Uk may possibly see 4G in 2014..,but apart from that, not to much else to get excited about, but if your in the 4G zone.. It will be awesome. But not the price.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

14-09-2012 10:35pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Craig_d1

RE: iPhone5

It'd be nice if I could get a 3G signal at home and on my commute into London, let alone 4G
14-09-2012 10:41pm
cutter7

(14-09-2012 10:22pm)WB Wrote:  tell us more please
Hi WB,

If you are having this Home button problem i.e. (when you press many times and nothing happens)

1, Open to main screen.

2, Open the maps icon.

3, Hold the power button down (top button) until you see 'slide to power off' and then let go.

4, Then hold the home button down until it returns to main screen, (about 3 seconds)

Now open and close apps, using the home button all ok...Very Happy

14-09-2012 10:55pm
Straydox

(14-09-2012 10:17pm)Craig_d1 Wrote:  How are you finding the Galaxy S3? Not hugely blown away by the i5 and thinking of changing. Either S3 or maybe the new Nokia 920 with cordless charging.

The S3 is impressive in just about every way, except....on a bright sunny day its hard to see the OLED screen unless you are in the shade. The 8mp camera takes amazing pictures and auto-uploads them to your Dropbox account (you get 50GB free for two years). The Android OS is very neat too - certainly comparable to iOS and its no wonder Apple wanted to sue Samsung - there isn't much to differentiate the devices in truth.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
14-09-2012 11:27pm
NightFox

(14-09-2012 10:55pm)cutter7 Wrote:  Hi WB,

If you are having this Home button problem i.e. (when you press many times and nothing happens)

1, Open to main screen.

2, Open the maps icon.

3, Hold the power button down (top button) until you see 'slide to power off' and then let go.

4, Then hold the home button down until it returns to main screen, (about 3 seconds)

Now open and close apps, using the home button all ok...Very Happy

I thought this had been widely shown to be an urban myth? All you're really doing is restarting the phone with a hard reset which can more easily be achieved by holding down the power and home button together until the Apple logo appears. Never had the problem myself, so happy to be corrected!

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
15-09-2012 01:10pm
cutter7

iPhone5

The other option is that you can add a home button to your screen if you so wish.

Go to settings-general- scroll down to accessibility-scroll to assistive touch and then change to on, and then exit to main screen.

There you will see on the screen a white circle which is the home button where you can change various gestures etc.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

15-09-2012 08:01pm
Coolbanana

Cheers Cutter - knew about the hard reset etc but my phone collided with a concrete slab some months ago and while cosmetically it fared quite well, the home button has been sticky ever since.

My Contract ran out in July and I would have changed then but decided to wait for the iPhone 5. I've bought into the whole Apple suite - Desktop, laptop, iPad, Phone - so didn't want to change to something else and given how soon the 5 was expected, thought it pointless to get the 4S. I've long preferred the iOS and clean metal aesthetics over the alternatives.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
16-09-2012 09:23am
Barton Evoque

Anyone wanting to sell there old black 4s give me a PM might be interested at the right price.o2/tesco network or unlocked.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
16-09-2012 09:29am
cutter7

iPhone5

A recently released report by PC Mag put the iPhone 5 against previous iPhone models, then against top Android models including Samsung’s Galaxy SIII released in June and Google’s Motorola Droid RAZR M released just last week. Guess what? Apple’s iPhone 5 was declared the world’s fastest smartphone.

When compared to previous years’ iPhone models, the iPhone 5 obviously came out ahead. If that wasn’t enough, it should be noted that it often came out ahead by a factor of two. In browser tests, it scored nearly twice as fast as the iPhone 4S in Browsermark, where it was more than three times as fast as the iPhone 4, even with all phones upgraded to iOS 6 (which boasts improved browser speeds for all). The graphic tests resulted in the iPhone 5 scoring 2.2 times as high as the iPhone 4S and more than 8 times as fast as the iPhone 4. In general, PC Mag said the iPhone 5 was overall 2.5 times as fast as the iPhone 4S and over 4.2 times as fast as the iPhone 4.

When Apple’s new iPhone was pitted against Android phones, PC Mag noted that last year’s iPhone 4S running iOS 6 on its dual core, 800MHz A5, “is about on par with leading Android 4.0 phones like the Samsung Galaxy S III and the Motorola Droid RAZR M, both of which are using the 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processors,” adding that “obviously, the difference is that Safari is a faster browser than the Android browser.” PC Mag continued by saying that the new iPhone 5 “takes things to the next level,” stating that “its Browsermark score is 80% higher, and it shows much quicker Sunspider times.”

The iPhone 5 won overall by a narrower margin, but as noted, “the ‘memory’ and ‘stream’ scores, both of which test loading data in and out of RAM, come out much better on the Apple device.” In a graphics-specific processing test, the iPhone 5 beat the S III and RAZR M by more than a factor of three. The report concluded that based on these benchmarks, the iPhone 5 lives up to the promise of being twice as fast as the iPhone 4S. It's also, for now, the fastest handheld computer sold in the world.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

23-09-2012 09:47am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

And do we really notice or need all this speed? Sorry but that's not what I buy a smartphone for, I want one that can find a network anywhere in the world where there us a suitable network at least as fast as other phones and even using the very expensive " bumper" with my iPhone it is absolutely hopeless at that often requiring a couple of on/ off cycles and enabling/ disabling airplane mode before it will grudgingly find a network. I carry a Nokia 6331 as well when I go overseas as it finds networks within seconds of powering up. It's about time Apple made the important bits wrk properly before adding more unnecessary toys that only half work. I love my iPhone but it does test loyalty at times

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 23-09-2012 01:50pm by XFullFatTim.)
23-09-2012 01:48pm