Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
finance
SW6RR

RE: finance

'tis indeed. You need to take a view on it. Peeeeersonally, I think it would be a mighty mighty stretch for fixed rate to beat floating over the next four years. If it did, I can't imagine how many small businesses would tank and I don't think the BoE is going to want that on its hands.
12-08-2011 09:30pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mike

When someone gets the official Landrover finance figures, please put on this thread. Also has anyone had any good trade in prices on their existing landrovers bearing in mind we have all pre ordered and the dealers have the sale.

Firenze Red Dynamic SD4 Man
Red Black Leather
Pan Roof
Shadow Alloys
Black Roof and Headlining
Privacy Glass
Delivered 27/1/12
13-08-2011 10:10pm
MW73

LR said there 'official' figure for the Evoque on a balloon hp plan is 9.9% apr, which is ok but not market leading. There are better deals to be had as evidenced earlier in this thread!
Confused
13-08-2011 10:43pm
Mike

Has anyone been quoted the LR finance APR without a baloon?

Firenze Red Dynamic SD4 Man
Red Black Leather
Pan Roof
Shadow Alloys
Black Roof and Headlining
Privacy Glass
Delivered 27/1/12
25-08-2011 10:40am
dpaine

On a bit of a side note to the finance issue, regarding the new found affordability of the evoque within the Range Rover brand.
what do people consider a reasonable portion of their monthly salary to set aside to cover the finance payment i.e. 10,20,30-50%???
its always been a curious thing to me, how much people value the importance of having a nice car, and how much they are willing to sacrifice in other areas of there life.
25-08-2011 11:41am
mark_n

The problem with a question like that it that it is tantamount to revealing ones income! I do think anyone spending 50% of their income on an RRE should perhaps think again.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
25-08-2011 06:37pm
SW6RR

It sort of does, but not really. Depends on the cost of your car and the amount of the deposit! With those variables, I don't think that a %age statement reveals much abot your salary.

I reckon about 15%. 10% seems a bit mean but 20% seems a bit much... IMHO!
25-08-2011 10:00pm
Mallam

Request for help - I'm looking to finance my new evoque. This will be the first car finance deal i've done so I'm not sure where to go to. When I do a search on pcp or hp there seems to be a load of online companies offering 'free' quotes or quick turnarounds. Obviously due to the amount I want to make sure I go to a reputable company but I don't know how to sort the wheat from the chaff.

I've looked at some of the banks but most of them seem to only do personal loans. Any advice?

Many thanks
05-09-2011 03:30pm
WB
WB

Has anyone had any success negotiating rates with land rover? A couple of years ago I got mercedes finance to match another quote and just wondering if LR might do the same?
05-09-2011 08:15pm
Louie

(05-09-2011 03:30pm)Mallam Wrote:  Request for help - I'm looking to finance my new evoque. This will be the first car finance deal i've done so I'm not sure where to go to. When I do a search on pcp or hp there seems to be a load of online companies offering 'free' quotes or quick turnarounds. Obviously due to the amount I want to make sure I go to a reputable company but I don't know how to sort the wheat from the chaff.

I've looked at some of the banks but most of them seem to only do personal loans. Any advice?

Many thanks

Mallan,

I am financing my Evoque on a PCH basis via a company located in Stoke who organise Finance, cars etc as a package. This is the second consecutive that I have got from them and have no hesitation in recommending them. I am sure that they can arrange PCP OR HP if that is the way you want to proceed. They sourced my car from a main dealer in the South West. Their cost was less than my local Stratstone dealer in Cardiff who to say the least was appalling throughout, in fact it was a common theme at the "Uleashed" day in Cardiff their total lack of service. The person you need to speak to is Linda Butler @ Butler Vehicle Solutions 01782 536307

Pure SD4 Firenze Red, manual with tech pack, pano roof, auto dimming rear view mirror, xenons & fogs
Delivered Very HappyVery Happy[/font]
05-09-2011 08:41pm