Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
finance
GibEvoque

RE: finance

(25-08-2011 10:00pm)SW6RR Wrote:  It sort of does, but not really. Depends on the cost of your car and the amount of the deposit! With those variables, I don't think that a %age statement reveals much abot your salary.

I reckon about 15%. 10% seems a bit mean but 20% seems a bit much... IMHO!

Well lets see who can guess my salary, based on that my finance equates to around 8% of my salary.
06-09-2011 12:20pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SW6RR

Like I said, I don't think that's possible unless we know the deposit and the balloon...

Arrived (5/11/11): SD4 5-door "Presnamic" Lux Very Happy Auto, Fuji, Spirit/Tan, Style 8 20" Wheels, fully loaded (bar RSE, smoker's pack and Homelink)
06-09-2011 12:31pm
Alex

My financial arrangement with LR is 9.9%, but have not signed anything yet. I rang up broke4cars and there offers look tempting in comparison to LR but they charge a 1.7% fee on the amount being financed so I guess that's how they make their money.

You can however add top-up payments reducing your monthly spend, which is also tempting.

I will have to do some more hunting around for offers but the LR Freedom plan is no longer looking as attractive.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
06-09-2011 03:55pm
dpaine

@Alex

I dont suppose you know the current figures for the guaranteed future value on Land Rovers finance for your spec car?

Finance4cars have a figure of £20,900 for an SD4 5 door dynamic auto with lux thats over 3 years and £16,800 over 4.
06-09-2011 03:59pm
SW6RR

LR finance is hugely overpriced, there are better options out there which will save a lot of money.

Arrived (5/11/11): SD4 5-door "Presnamic" Lux Very Happy Auto, Fuji, Spirit/Tan, Style 8 20" Wheels, fully loaded (bar RSE, smoker's pack and Homelink)
06-09-2011 04:19pm
Alex

(06-09-2011 03:59pm)dpaine Wrote:  @Alex

I dont suppose you know the current figures for the guaranteed future value on Land Rovers finance for your spec car?

Finance4cars have a figure of £20,900 for an SD4 5 door dynamic auto with lux thats over 3 years and £16,800 over 4.

I will have to get back to you on that one as my dealer is holding the paperwork. I was contacted 3 weeks ago by my dealer saying that they wanted to do the credit checks earlier than planned - I'm not collecting my car until Nov 24th.

I'm not sure if that's being done across the board so LR can get an idea of firm commitments, plus how much finance is being planned or if its my dealer who needs the stats. Either way I have not heard much but going to their launch this thursday night so will ask again (bit disappointed on how relaxed they have been).

As soon as I find out I will let you know, but I was given a GMFV, and interest rates based on a 48 month loan under the freedom plan. We were placing the max deposit down of I think 30% for £47,115.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
06-09-2011 04:26pm
Chris R Evo

Hi,

I'm talking to Prestige Car Finance. They are really helpful and very competitive, I got 3% flat fixed with a balloon. I haven't signed anything yet as I keep seeing people talking a variable rate but I can't understand (as I don't understand car finance) why people are paying 4% above base when Prestige offered me 3% flat, am I been silly, can someone please adivse me?
06-09-2011 04:45pm
Alex

(06-09-2011 04:45pm)Chris R Evo Wrote:  Hi,

I'm talking to Prestige Car Finance. They are really helpful and very competitive, I got 3% flat fixed with a balloon. I haven't signed anything yet as I keep seeing people talking a variable rate but I can't understand (as I don't understand car finance) why people are paying 4% above base when Prestige offered me 3% flat, am I been silly, can someone please adivse me?

Just been on their site and they don't have the Evoque yet as part of their quote options, when I get some time I will have to give them a call.

So glad I took the time to read this post as I have gained a lot of valuable information!

06-09-2011 04:55pm
evoqueboy

(06-09-2011 03:59pm)dpaine Wrote:  @Alex

What did the mileage have to be? I.e. Was there a limit? Cheers
06-09-2011 05:01pm
Chris R Evo

Yes I noticed that. They are currently updating there website hence why it's not on there. Defo worth a call.
06-09-2011 05:02pm