Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
auto-dimming mirror
cjfp

RE: auto-dimming mirror

(10-02-2013 10:08pm)Nantmoel Wrote:  How much does an auto dimming mirror cost?

According to the LR build website, which is full of useful information, it is £155

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
10-02-2013 10:11pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nantmoel

I got my new Evoque a few days ago and have driven it twice at night and its not got an auto RVM, but has privacy glass, there is no need for one really! No dazzle or glare at all. But then again a car costing £44K and LR are too tight to put a £150 mirror on the car FFS!

Arrived March 4th 2013: 2.2 SD4 Dynamic 5dr Auto, Firenze Red with Santorini Black Contrast Roof with full Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, 20" Shadow Alloy Wheels, Heated Steering Wheel, Powered Tail Gate, Park Assist and TV.
06-03-2013 11:04pm
magnumforc

Isn't it amazing how one company does it "right" and can dim all the mirrors and others just dim oe or the others? Rather inane way of doing business in my mind. I have the privacy glass as well as the auto dimming and never notice the difference. Now if only there was auto dimming windshields in these to precliude the people who don't dip their highs or never had them adjusted! Tha anti-glare works well but man, would auto dimming be cool. I seem to remember one vehicle had some years ago that but the really old folks complained to NHTSA that it was unsafe for them or something...anyone else recall?
21-05-2013 05:23am