Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does anyone tried Ceracoat Ceramic additive?!
teix6

Does anyone tried Ceracoat Ceramic additive?!

Hi everyone!

I had a Honda in the past, and I remember my mechanic offered me an additive from Mugen to consume less fuel... and it worked! less 1,5 L/km

I saw an ad on TV last night for an additive which would be the same I think...

it's called Ceracoat Ceramic (based on nano-technology ceramic particles...). There's one for oil treatment, and another one to add in the fuel tank.

Just wanted to know, what do you guys think about this?

Thank you!

SD4 Dynamic - Orkney grey
17-12-2012 12:32am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

RE: Does anyone tried Ceracoat Ceramic additive?!

From some of the comments posted on an earlier thread the general advice is leave it as it is, just use the oil recommended by LR.

I have used ZX extralube before now, but was advised on here not to bother.

Same goes for fuel additives always used Millers Diesel Power Sport4 and the like before, again general consensus on here is don't bother.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
17-12-2012 08:47pm
tplus

(17-12-2012 12:32am)teix6 Wrote:  additive from Mugen to consume less fuel... and it worked! less 1,5 L/km

Sure. Or try the magnets to be attached to the fuel line.

Doesn't work? Buy another one!Laughing
18-12-2012 01:17pm
magnumforc

I would suggest you use NO additives to the oil in your vehicle. Many so called "ceramic" or "teflon" additives can actually clog your oil passages and render a shortage of circulating oil in the block, causing thousands of dollars of damage to your vehicle in the process. If you note the "money back guarantee," the purveyors of these additives will promise to return your money...for the additive...if it doesn't perform as advertised. That doesn't help as the dealer hands you a bill for thousands for your fried engine.

Some history: In the mid 1980's a "magical" compount was being sold everywhere called "Slick 50" and other also imitated it. The magic ingredient was PTFE, more commonly known as Teflon, which was alleged to bond to your cylinder walls and rings and make your engine last longer, because all the internal parts would now be slipperier, like a teflon frying pan. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way, Teflon needs to be bonded to metal under high pressure and heat, not by transferring it through the motor oil, either in 5 quarts of Slick 50, a quart of Slick 50 concentrate, or a pint of any of the dozens of other PTFE addotives that sprung up promising miracle engine protection.

On a 1987 5 litre Mustang V8, when changing oil, we added a bottle of PTFE that was highly rated and followed all instructions. Within 500 miles, there were problems with oil pressure and oil starvation in certain areas of the valve train. Ford disassembled the engine and found the PTFE had actualy hardened from the heat into tiny granules of plastic like material and clogged the oil passages, starving the engine of oil protection. Fortunately, I was racing at the time and the repair work was done at no cost to me; if I had been an ordinary consumer, the cost would have been very high.

Don't chance voiding your warranty. The Castrol synthetic you have in the car is as good as it gets. Anything else is just wasting money and pushing your luck for a denied warranty claim.
(This post was last modified: 21-05-2013 05:03pm by magnumforc.)
21-05-2013 06:00am
scrannel

Snake oil.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
21-05-2013 09:58am