Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Xenon Headlights
Pepino

Xenon Headlights

Only a few Evoques came to Mexico with the Xenon and LED headlights, I was wondering, is it possible to buy the Xenon LED headlights at the dealership and install them myself? Is there any difference between both headlights, like ballasts or different computer electronics or something like that.
I have looked for the price of the Xenon LED headlights everywhere and I cant find it. Any help would be appreciated.
09-12-2011 07:33am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vision*R

RE: Xenon Headlights

With the recent shortage of Xenon headlights I don't think there will be many spares (if any) to be found.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
09-12-2011 08:50am
defender_uk

I have some LHD RRS 2009 bi-xenon headlights spare, if they will help?!

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
09-12-2011 09:17am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

There's far more to it than meets the eye - Xenon's are auto-levelling, Halogens are not and have a control inside to do it. Then there's the cost - The Xenon replacement units are well over £1000 for the pair.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
09-12-2011 11:14am
Pepino

(09-12-2011 11:14am)mark_n Wrote:  There's far more to it than meets the eye - Xenon's are auto-levelling, Halogens are not and have a control inside to do it. Then there's the cost - The Xenon replacement units are well over £1000 for the pair.

This is what i was talking about, I also like the Xenons LED Strip, ome guy here in Mexico wants to sell them to me for £1000 each which I find really expensive considering its a £700 option. Ill see what I can find and let you guys know If its only the headlights i need to buy or leveling sensors and all that extra stuff.
09-12-2011 05:34pm
fge07

I just got a Range Rover Evoque Pure without the adaptive xenon headlamps. Do dealerships install them in the US?
29-12-2011 10:56pm
cjfp

U might find someone who can install xenons but I believe that u won't be able to install adaptive xenons (though happy to be proved wrong)

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
29-12-2011 10:58pm
oxygen

(29-12-2011 10:56pm)fge07 Wrote:  I just got a Range Rover Evoque Pure without the adaptive xenon headlamps. Do dealerships install them in the US?
Same problem in Russia. A lot of cars without Xenon headlights and fron fogs lamps (Pure Evoque)...

And i did not get answer yet - will be the Xenon kit for Pure Evoque's?

Is there anybody who knows?
18-01-2012 05:41am
chiggy

I highly doubt there will be a Xenon "kit" for the evoque.

Maybe in a year or so when the car is much more common there may be some third party manufacturers that create similar headlights with the use of xenons?

You can get all the parts from Land Rover yourself and find someone to fit it for you... it will be a very very very expensive option though but you have to order all parts separately.

However don't think there will be a "kit" coming out. Definitely not from Land Rover. Highly doubt there will be a "plug and play" xenon kit for the evoque. Its not that simple.

Happy to be proved wrong however.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
18-01-2012 06:03am
oxygen

(18-01-2012 06:03am)chiggy Wrote:  I highly doubt there will be a Xenon "kit" for the evoque.

Maybe in a year or so when the car is much more common there may be some third party manufacturers that create similar headlights with the use of xenons?

You can get all the parts from Land Rover yourself and find someone to fit it for you... it will be a very very very expensive option though but you have to order all parts separately.

However don't think there will be a "kit" coming out. Definitely not from Land Rover. Highly doubt there will be a "plug and play" xenon kit for the evoque. Its not that simple.

Happy to be proved wrong however.
I've asked and found Xenon headlights and i can by it ... But nobody can say me possible it or not possible mount them on Pure Sad
18-01-2012 11:05am