Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Xenon Headlights
pugracer

RE: Xenon Headlights

Possible that they are for LHD an RHD models.

[Image: 116845.png]
Range Rover Evoque - Pure, 5-Door, Si4, Auto, Fuji White/Cirrus
Lotus Elise
Peugeot 206 GTi
01-04-2012 04:38am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I have heard that there is no difference between LHD and RHD headlamps, but it could be something to do with the dip pattern which I believe is different in the USA to Europe. For us Brits who take their Evoque over to the Continent there is no need to slide switches or put little black stickers on the lenses.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
01-04-2012 08:32am
snksnk

guys would help me out with this.. http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-xenon-hid...ight=xenon
thanks
12-04-2012 07:41am
Pepino

So I finally got my Xenon with LED DRL headlights.
Thought installation was going to be easy, I was wrong. I used this video as a guide to know what I was getting into.

I couldnt do it that way without damaging the front bumper so I had to take apart the front grill and the wheel arches.
After doing everything and plugging everything in, the problems started.
The Turn Signals work as they should, the LED Daytime running lights work, but the actual xenon bulb or healdight, flashed once everytime I tried turning them on and then turned off. So I took it to my expert mechanic, he said that the electric current gets cut off only to the xenon bulb everytime we turned them on. He said I needed a Xenon HID Headlight LED Light Control Unit Module Box.
I am still trying to find this here in Mexico, problem is Land Rover Dealerships know nothing about the evoque and have not being able to help me finding this part.
My mechanic made them work but I cant choose between having only the LEDs on and the Xenon light off. So its either the Xenon bulb on and the Leds on, or the LEDS off and the Xenon Bulb on. This is the only way it will work as long as I dont have this Xenon HID module box.

Can anyone here help me find this part im looking for?
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2012 10:33pm by Pepino.)
03-05-2012 10:32pm
Jonathon555

(03-05-2012 10:32pm)Pepino Wrote:  So I finally got my Xenon with LED DRL headlights.
Thought installation was going to be easy, I was wrong. I used this video as a guide to know what I was getting into.

I couldnt do it that way without damaging the front bumper so I had to take apart the front grill and the wheel arches.
After doing everything and plugging everything in, the problems started.
The Turn Signals work as they should, the LED Daytime running lights work, but the actual xenon bulb or healdight, flashed once everytime I tried turning them on and then turned off. So I took it to my expert mechanic, he said that the electric current gets cut off only to the xenon bulb everytime we turned them on. He said I needed a Xenon HID Headlight LED Light Control Unit Module Box.
I am still trying to find this here in Mexico, problem is Land Rover Dealerships know nothing about the evoque and have not being able to help me finding this part.
My mechanic made them work but I cant choose between having only the LEDs on and the Xenon light off. So its either the Xenon bulb on and the Leds on, or the LEDS off and the Xenon Bulb on. This is the only way it will work as long as I dont have this Xenon HID module box.

Can anyone here help me find this part im looking for?

The wiring main plug to the headlight should be same as for a halogen car

The new headlight should have a built in ballast for the hid and work ok,

If the bulbs just flicker once its probably the ballast that is faulty

You could always fit an ebay hid kit using the main light feed to get it working

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2012 11:04pm by Jonathon555.)
03-05-2012 11:02pm
Pepino

(03-05-2012 11:02pm)Jonathon555 Wrote:  The wiring main plug to the headlight should be same as for a halogen car

The new headlight should have a built in ballast for the hid and work ok,

You could always fit an ebay hid kit using the main light feed to get it working
The Headlights i got come with original LAnd Rover ballast, the wiring is not the problem, and yes the main plug to the headlight is the exact same as the halogen, it fits perfectly. Just HID Xenon Lights need this module box to regulate the current going from the battery or fuse box to the actual bulb.
And basically the only reason I got these headlights were because of the LED Daytime Running lights, I didnt mind the halogen bulb, I just wanted this look.

http://blog.landrover.com/wp-content/upl...per535.jpg
03-05-2012 11:07pm
Jonathon555

(03-05-2012 11:07pm)Pepino Wrote:  The Headlights i got come with original LAnd Rover ballast, the wiring is not the problem, and yes the main plug to the headlight is the exact same as the halogen, it fits perfectly. Just HID Xenon Lights need this module box to regulate the current going from the battery or fuse box to the actual bulb.
And basically the only reason I got these headlights were because of the LED Daytime Running lights, I didnt mind the halogen bulb, I just wanted this look.

http://blog.landrover.com/wp-content/upl...per535.jpg

The voltage control module should be built into the lights, i converted my honda type r using an ebay hid kit. It runs fine off the standard 12v feed

You could always refit the halogen bulbs just using the 12 v feed

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
03-05-2012 11:14pm
Straydox

Mmm I suspect it's more complicated than just fixing the wiring because of legislation in place that was introduced 10+ (Jan 2002 IIRC) years ago to overcome other drivers being blinded by xenon lights and accident & emergency workers being exposed to lethal voltages if the even of a serious accident.

From memory the headlamp control box also takes input from sensors in the suspension for auto leveling (OEM Xenon equipped cars here don't have a manual headlamp height control), headlamp washers became mandatory and lastly in the event of a serious accident the headlamps had to fail safe with the residual electrical charge being sent to earth - and permanently rendering the headlamps inactive. I've never looked into what sensor gets triggered in the event of serious accident - airbags maybe?

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
03-05-2012 11:29pm
Pepino

(03-05-2012 11:29pm)Straydox Wrote:  Mmm I suspect it's more complicated than just fixing the wiring because of legislation in place that was introduced 10+ (Jan 2002 IIRC) years ago to overcome other drivers being blinded by xenon lights and accident & emergency workers being exposed to lethal voltages if the even of a serious accident.

From memory the headlamp control box also takes input from sensors in the suspension for auto leveling (OEM Xenon equipped cars here don't have a manual headlamp height control), headlamp washers became mandatory and lastly in the event of a serious accident the headlamps had to fail safe with the residual electrical charge being sent to earth - and permanently rendering the headlamps inactive. I've never looked into what sensor gets triggered in the event of serious accident - airbags maybe?

Is this legislation your talking about in the European Union? Here in Mexico and in the US we dont have such legislations so that wont be a problem.
Can anyone help me find this Xenon HID module. Could anyone ask or call Land Rover in the UK or EU about this part im looking for, Land Rover in Mexico couldnt even find me the part number for the Xenon Headlights. They wont be of much help with this module.
I would greatly appreciate it someone could help me out.
04-05-2012 12:11am
Straydox

(04-05-2012 12:11am)Pepino Wrote:  Is this legislation your talking about in the European Union? Here in Mexico and in the US we dont have such legislations so that wont be a problem.
Can anyone help me find this Xenon HID module. Could anyone ask or call Land Rover in the UK or EU about this part im looking for, Land Rover in Mexico couldnt even find me the part number for the Xenon Headlights. They wont be of much help with this module.
I would greatly appreciate it someone could help me out.

That may well be the case (I don't think headlamp washers are mandatory in your region for example), however where was the vehicle designed and manufactured? It was European Type Approval that originally prompted the introduction. I wonder if your headlamps have European Type Approval markings?

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
04-05-2012 01:00am