Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Xenon Headlights
Evoquative

RE: Xenon Headlights

(04-05-2012 10:43am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Page 40 of my owner's manual "Headlights - Driving Abroad - Headlight pattern is suitable for driving on either side of the road" That's all it says so I assume that there is no way to adjust them and no need for sticky black plastic on the lens

Many thanks for that Very Happy

Now a very happy owner of a Dynamic Si4 Firenze 5dr, black roof with lux & plus packs, black alloys, heated steering wheel, privacy, homelink & spare wheel.Very Happy
04-05-2012 11:38am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mildfeverz

(04-05-2012 06:14am)Pepino Wrote:  My evoque did come with headlamp washers, im pretty sure al Evoques in Mexico came like that.
Not sure where the vehicle was designed or manufactured, could I know that by looking at the VIN?
The headlamps do have the letters EU which I am pretty sure it means European Union.
Here are some pictures, these are the exact same ones I got.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-NEW-XENON-BIX...282wt_1398
And then this other headlamp is on sale on ebay which has a different code.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LAND-ROVER-RANGE...935wt_1165

Hello . . . did u ever get this resolved. I am attemptiing to do the same project. I plan on purchasing same headlight pair and may retrofit an aftermarket Xenon 12k 55w kit w/ballasts to by pass your problem. I am thinking of removing the OEM ballasts to sell online. I already tested the aftermarket 12k 55w Xenons on my Evoque Pure Halogen Housings and they work perfectly with the direct 9005 headlight plug in the vehicle. I had a question on the installation: Did the headlight housing itself fit directly in the place of the Halogen headlight housing?? And without any mods to the New LED Headlight housing body??
Note: I have installed Xenon headlight conversions on Porches, Mercedes, and an old P38 Range Rover and had never come across a problem you are describing. Please advise
Thanks in advance for any tips for success!!

MfeverzShockedSmileShocked
29-07-2012 02:11am
BFGEvoqueMan

(04-05-2012 08:00am)Evoquative Wrote:  This is very interesting as I plan to take mine to France in the summer - assuming I ever take delivery!
Is this in the manual then, or is it something you are just aware of?

Sorry,

Not so, see post #4 Sad

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-LR-Assist...pe-from-UK

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
(This post was last modified: 30-07-2012 07:41am by BFGEvoqueMan.)
30-07-2012 07:39am
nf3d0149ab

(29-07-2012 02:11am)mildfeverz Wrote:  Hello . . . did u ever get this resolved. I am attemptiing to do the same project. I plan on purchasing same headlight pair and may retrofit an aftermarket Xenon 12k 55w kit w/ballasts to by pass your problem. I am thinking of removing the OEM ballasts to sell online. I already tested the aftermarket 12k 55w Xenons on my Evoque Pure Halogen Housings and they work perfectly with the direct 9005 headlight plug in the vehicle. I had a question on the installation: Did the headlight housing itself fit directly in the place of the Halogen headlight housing?? And without any mods to the New LED Headlight housing body??
Note: I have installed Xenon headlight conversions on Porches, Mercedes, and an old P38 Range Rover and had never come across a problem you are describing. Please advise
Thanks in advance for any tips for success!!

MfeverzShockedSmileShocked

Hey - what part of Cali do you reside?
01-08-2012 07:20am
mildfeverz

(01-08-2012 07:20am)nf3d0149ab Wrote:  Hey - what part of Cali do you reside?

40+ miles East of San Francisco . . . And yourself??
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2012 07:50am by mildfeverz.)
01-08-2012 07:48am
nf3d0149ab

(01-08-2012 07:48am)mildfeverz Wrote:  40+ miles East of San Francisco . . . And yourself??

Actually I'm in the city!

I'm very interested to do headlight work as well and if you know whats up I can pay you for service.
04-08-2012 04:01am
mildfeverz

(04-08-2012 04:01am)nf3d0149ab Wrote:  Actually I'm in the city!

I'm very interested to do headlight work as well and if you know whats up I can pay you for service.

I do NOT do any contract work as I am just a hobbyist, but I can give you tips of what I will be doing. As of now: New OEM Xenon/LED headlights ordered and are enroute which should arrive by mid-August. I have contacted the Land Rover Service Manager who wants to see the parts and give me an estimate to retrofit. I expect a HORRIFIC $$ amount and most likely will DECLINE to proceed on my original plan for install. I already have all parts to proceed and will bench test my wiring arrangement on the OEM headlights before installation.

MzBig CryWhistleBig Cry
04-08-2012 04:42am
nf3d0149ab

(04-08-2012 04:42am)mildfeverz Wrote:  I do NOT do any contract work as I am just a hobbyist, but I can give you tips of what I will be doing. As of now: New OEM Xenon/LED headlights ordered and are enroute which should arrive by mid-August. I have contacted the Land Rover Service Manager who wants to see the parts and give me an estimate to retrofit. I expect a HORRIFIC $$ amount and most likely will DECLINE to proceed on my original plan for install. I already have all parts to proceed and will bench test my wiring arrangement on the OEM headlights before installation.

MzBig CryWhistleBig Cry

Ahhh ok - yeah I get that you don't want to be liable for work. Well I'd really like to do this so please keep me posted on the progress and if it works out with the dealer. Is the alternative that you'll install yourself the OEM Xenon/LED's yourself? I wonder where else you'd be able to take a car into do work like that...
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2012 06:01am by nf3d0149ab.)
04-08-2012 06:00am
Olhemes

(03-05-2012 10:32pm)Pepino Wrote:  So I finally got my Xenon with LED DRL headlights.
Thought installation was going to be easy, I was wrong. I used this video as a guide to know what I was getting into.

I couldnt do it that way without damaging the front bumper so I had to take apart the front grill and the wheel arches.
After doing everything and plugging everything in, the problems started.
The Turn Signals work as they should, the LED Daytime running lights work, but the actual xenon bulb or healdight, flashed once everytime I tried turning them on and then turned off. So I took it to my expert mechanic, he said that the electric current gets cut off only to the xenon bulb everytime we turned them on. He said I needed a Xenon HID Headlight LED Light Control Unit Module Box.
I am still trying to find this here in Mexico, problem is Land Rover Dealerships know nothing about the evoque and have not being able to help me finding this part.
My mechanic made them work but I cant choose between having only the LEDs on and the Xenon light off. So its either the Xenon bulb on and the Leds on, or the LEDS off and the Xenon Bulb on. This is the only way it will work as long as I dont have this Xenon HID module box.

Can anyone here help me find this part im looking for?

Have You tried to use the xenon lamp with the leds, And put your halogen bulb instead of xenon?. Now You can use the halogen lamp with leds.
05-09-2012 05:11pm
nf3d0149ab

(04-08-2012 04:42am)mildfeverz Wrote:  I do NOT do any contract work as I am just a hobbyist, but I can give you tips of what I will be doing. As of now: New OEM Xenon/LED headlights ordered and are enroute which should arrive by mid-August. I have contacted the Land Rover Service Manager who wants to see the parts and give me an estimate to retrofit. I expect a HORRIFIC $$ amount and most likely will DECLINE to proceed on my original plan for install. I already have all parts to proceed and will bench test my wiring arrangement on the OEM headlights before installation.

MzBig CryWhistleBig Cry

Hey mildfeverz,

Any updates available on this?

Thanks.
08-09-2012 04:54pm