Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wot? No screen wash level warning?
mark_n

RE: Wot? No screen wash level warning?

It's a legal requirement (at least here in the UK) to have headlight washers with Xenons, all to reduce the risk of possibly dazzling oncoming drivers. Whether that extends to the washer bottle having a low level warning, I do no know.

If LR have omitted this on, say, Pures, it's a ridiculous level of de-contenting.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
18-01-2013 09:15pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FujiSan

My user hand does not even mention it, not even the warning icon for the dash display.

TD4 Pure - Now a rare breed...

[Image: 131166.png]
18-01-2013 10:06pm
Cedric

I havea TD4 with Xenons, without headlight washers and I do get the warning. It didn't warn me that it gave up washing my rear window Wink
18-01-2013 10:09pm
benzina

(18-01-2013 10:06pm)FujiSan Wrote:  My user hand does not even mention it, not even the warning icon for the dash display.

Yep, strangely it's not found in the book,even for those of us that have this feature. I'll take a picture of that elusive symbol when it next appears. Nothin like a bit of mystery!! Wink

P.S. I just think your sensors can't be operating. Also,i did happen find it listed in this specification list under the instrumentation features.... http://www.cars.com/land-rover/range-rov...20LRS102A0

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 19-01-2013 04:37am by benzina.)
19-01-2013 02:19am
Michelle

Fujisan where did you buy your little metallic Union Jack ? I've been looking for one like that on the Internet but no luck.

Ordered 8th march: SD4 Prestige auto, Fuji, panoramic roof, Cirrus/lunar interior, rear view camera, blind spot monitoring, Nav,heated front seats
Delivery: 6th December!
19-01-2013 10:46am
jdiamond

Probably no help to anybody but we have a brand new Dynamic and we have the symbol coming up yellow and large in the centre of the drivers little screen behind the steering wheel. Also you get a little warning triangle on the top left of the little screen that stays on once the symbol has disappeared to show you that there is an issue.

Will try to remember to take a picture later on when we go out.

When we went through the handover the salesman told us how it distributes water to the various squirters to save on overuse of water (mainly on the headlights).

Fuji White Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe Automatic, Black Interior, Panoramic Roof, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Adaptive Headlights, All Round Cameras, Meridian 825w Surround System and......spare wheel

Ordered: 25th November 2012
Delivered: 12th January 2013
19-01-2013 12:18pm
FujiSan

(19-01-2013 10:46am)Michelle Wrote:  Fujisan where did you buy your little metallic Union Jack ? I've been looking for one like that on the Internet but no luck.

Got it off eBay. Can't remember which seller, but they are fairly common. Deffo UK seller though and about £10.00 if I remember rightly. Nice quality, metal and enamel with a proper, automotive trim grade, piece of adhesive backing.
(19-01-2013 02:19am)benzina Wrote:  Yep, strangely it's not found in the book,even for those of us that have this feature. I'll take a picture of that elusive symbol when it next appears. Nothin like a bit of mystery!! Wink

P.S. I just think your sensors can't be operating. Also,i did happen find it listed in this specification list under the instrumentation features.... http://www.cars.com/land-rover/range-rov...20LRS102A0

Only problem is, that's not for a UK spec RRE AFAIK.

TD4 Pure - Now a rare breed...

[Image: 131166.png]
(This post was last modified: 19-01-2013 05:47pm by FujiSan.)
19-01-2013 05:39pm
wavey.dave

MY12 Dynamic - warning came on today for the first time so its definitely there on mine!

[Image: 143277.png]
19-01-2013 06:15pm
Jonathon555

My car has deffo not got a sensor.

Land rover had it in today to replace the sensor, it has not got a sensor to replace .

So there you have it

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
22-01-2013 11:28am
benzina

So what is the reason it's got no sensor? Should it have it,did they forget to put one in, or don't the English market Evoques have this feature?

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 22-01-2013 12:40pm by benzina.)
22-01-2013 12:38pm