Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wife said NO
Kimv

Wife said NO

I had it aaaaaaall figured out... Black car, verve interior, ebony headlining and pano roof, perfect... Right until I made the mistake of doing another test drive together with my wife and guess what, she put her veto against the pano roof... Can you believe it? "AGAINST THE PANO ROOF!!!!"

Back to the drawing board for me... I wanted to keep the verve interior but I think the ebony headlining without pano roof would be too dark. So an option would be to take the cirrus headlining. But I don't know how that would go with the verve interior... Anyone saw this?

I could also go for the vortex interior with cirrus headlining which would seem a bit more coherent in my opinion but I'm afraid I'll have another veto (she has many...), this time in favor of the verve interior, coming in....

Any ideas? (Getting the pano and exchanging the wife = not an option. Apart from her multiple vetoes I am actually quite fond of her Smile)

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
22-03-2012 05:25pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

RE: Wife said NO

Was there a reason she didn't like the Pano?

A good way to highlight the difference is to get her to sit in the back of a car with and without the Pano roof.
22-03-2012 05:29pm
Kimv

(22-03-2012 05:29pm)WB Wrote:  Was there a reason she didn't like the Pano?

A good way to highlight the difference is to get her to sit in the back of a car with and without the Pano roof.

She didn't like it because it was too light (sun shining in her eyes). And she's worried about safety in the event of a crash, that it would scratch easily and look bad after a few years... And we actually drove 2 test drives yesterday, one with and one without the pano.

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
22-03-2012 05:33pm
Big G

(22-03-2012 05:33pm)Kimv Wrote:  She didn't like it because it was too light (sun shining in her eyes). And she's worried about safety in the event of a crash, that it would scratch easily and look bad after a few years... And we actually drove 2 test drives yesterday, one with and one without the pano.

Its the pano or the wife then !Laughing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
22-03-2012 05:44pm
xxxx5

Simples, order the car with Pano roof and when she is in it close the blind!

I dont think her issues are valid. It will be fine in a crash, and I think it will help with sale values in the future.

In fact it was my wife told me to order the pano roof, otherwise she said dont bother getting the car.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
(This post was last modified: 22-03-2012 05:59pm by xxxx5.)
22-03-2012 05:55pm
MartinP

Definitely grounds for divorce me thinks!!!

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
22-03-2012 05:56pm
WB
WB

(22-03-2012 05:33pm)Kimv Wrote:  She didn't like it because it was too light (sun shining in her eyes). And she's worried about safety in the event of a crash, that it would scratch easily and look bad after a few years... And we actually drove 2 test drives yesterday, one with and one without the pano.

If she's concerned about the glass scratching then you'd better go for the van version with no side or rear glass. Actually forget that you can't have a car because that pesky glass windscreen might let in the sun or scratch or God forbid it might smash in an accident.... Wink
(This post was last modified: 22-03-2012 06:15pm by WB.)
22-03-2012 06:14pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Buy the Evqoue with the Pano Roof for you and get her a scooter........................... I'm sure the first wet day will soon make her change her mind about the Pano roof!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
22-03-2012 06:20pm
cjfp

(22-03-2012 05:44pm)Big G Wrote:  Its the pano or the wife then !Laughing

I like the Pano.
I like the wife.

But which do I like better - there's only one way to find out .............

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
22-03-2012 06:44pm
snksnk

Wife said NO

You should let her know that it doesnt always stay that "sunny"! There is an option for closing thatWink which version do you have in mind? I went for the dynamic one.. Still waiting for delivery though;/ as for the pano is concerned that is a must have option!! You should burgain that with the wife.. Do the dishes for a year if you have to! Good luck...
22-03-2012 06:46pm