Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why did you choose the Evoque?
LIONHEAD

Why did you choose the Evoque?

....and what other cars were you looking at the time?

For me....I chose the Evoque over a 2012 Audi R8 V10 Spyder. Here's why! I was planning to trade in the XKR for an Audi R8 V10 Spyder in the Spring of 2012 but found out the redesigned R8 will be arriving in 2014 which means most likely 4Q launch in 2013. I didn't want to buy the R8 and have it redesigned the following year and so I decided to wait on the R8 until end of 2013 which is a good thing as I can then cross shop it to the 991Turbo in which will be launch around that time also.

I then decided to look for winter cars and was looking for a big SUV (decided on the GL450) along side something smaller. I was looking at the 2012 Audi A6, A7, Infiniti FX (I think it's a different name in Europe), and VW Toureg. Basically it came down came down to the A6, Toureg and Evoque. The 2012 A6 has a world class interior and the exterior was nice but didn't move me. Plus I already had a sedan in the '10 E350 4matic. The Toureg was nicely appointed but when it came down to it....it looked like any other SUV out there...IMO. Therfore the winner was......EVOQUE!!! Cool

So why did you choose the Evoque over which other cars?
(This post was last modified: 13-12-2011 03:26pm by LIONHEAD.)
13-12-2011 03:25pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vision*R

RE: Why did you choose the Evoque?

You Sir are spoiled. With a driveway like that I'm afraid your way of choosing is hardly relevant Wink

I have one car, which I'm now replacing with the Evoque. I must say I spent a very long time before I actually found something that completely convinced me. Other cars I've looked at: Lexus IS (same as I have now, would have been boring), Audi A5 (needs another update), new Audi A6 (too expensive if you add a bunch of options), Infiniti EX (engine not suited for our European tax system), Jaguar XF (not exciting enough, too big).

Why did I choose the Evoque. It's the best looking car around, it feels classy yet young, excellent interior and reasonable pricing.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
(This post was last modified: 13-12-2011 03:42pm by vision*R.)
13-12-2011 03:39pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

After a house break-in with scum trying to find my FFRR key fob to steal the car in Nov 2010 I decided to go ahead with the deposit I had paid to Lookers Park Royal in 2009 for the Evoque, but I only looked at 4WD cars that would fit into my garage and that I fancied, which meant only one other option to the Evoque and that was the Audi A6 Allroad............................... just as well the local dealers (2 of them) never bothered to follow up my visits to their showrooms as I would be driving one today if they had. I visted one of those dealers 5 days after taking delivery of the Evoque to ask them to take my name and address of their database and nearly brought the entire showroom to a grinding halt and caused a mass exodus of customers and sales staff out to the carpark to look at my car. None had seen an Evoque before and they were all very impressed.............................. except the DP who had lost a conquest sale of a run-out A6 Allroad to an Evoque. I suspect the salesman I had dealt with got a very severe reprimand for failing to follow up enquiries, especially enquiries made by a customer visiting the showroom not over the phone. Mind you the test drive I had in an A6 saloon 19TDi at the other dealership was enough to put me off wanting one as a private purchase - dull as ditchwater even if it was beautifully built!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 13-12-2011 05:31pm by XFullFatTim.)
13-12-2011 05:28pm
SebM

No other choice... I was waiting for the Evoque since the LRX was presented in Geneva Motorshow 2008...

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
13-12-2011 05:52pm
vcruiser

I didn't find the R8 V10 to be very thrilling when i drove it this summer. It's a beautiful car but lacks the 'fun' factor that other exotics have!

I got the Evoque over a Nissan GT-R or C63 AMG coupe just cause its more practical for the winter and i've got plenty of toys to play with in the summer.

Evoque Dynamic Coupe | Black on Black | Fully Loaded
13-12-2011 09:19pm
IKM

I was sorely tempted by MY2012 RRS HSE, but by the time I added on all the options I wanted the cost became silly, and depreciation over 3 years is crazy. In a way then the RRE is my 2nd choice, but it's got what I need in terms of options. Let's see how it performs over the winter here in northern Scotland. But I'm not regretting my choice of car, and still very much looking forward to collecting it this Friday.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
13-12-2011 09:31pm
trickyt66

Ok own up everyone.....who could fit their entire house on their driveways???? Some self promoting boasting going on here or what!!??
13-12-2011 09:40pm
LIONHEAD

Then you won't like the 911 Turbo either. Laughing My buddy with a 997TT thinks it's too ordinary but fast. He said to get the R8 V10 instead as it's a everyday supercar. I haven't test drove one yet but have check some out at the dealer around here over the past summer. Will have to test drive once the new one will be out. Heard the new R8 will be lighter with extensive use of CF, S-Tronic (replacing the R-Tronic) and possible V8TT (although I prefer the V10). I guess we'll find out more about the the engine once the new Gallardo will be released next year as the R8 is usually a detuned version of the Gallardo.
13-12-2011 09:52pm
Evo-king

Very good question.

Right at the beginning of the year we started thinking about the BMW X Range. Immediately my wife decided the X5 was too big, so we tested the X1 and the realised the new X3 was just out, tested that as well. X1 very firm rides like a 3 Series, X3 much taller, quite soft, excellent 8 speed auto box, wife decided X3 too big and I wasn't keen on the X1.

Somewhere during this process the Evoque came into our sights, can't remember if it was on the internet or via car magazines, so we held off. Then we became aware of the images circulating and decided to wait for the launch, the rest is history, my wife liked the SEXY new Evoque, ORDERED.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
13-12-2011 09:52pm
Evoqess

Don't even have a driveway Wink Live in a downtown condo here (probably the size of a previous poster's garage Smile ) I call it my urban phase but no doubt will retire in the country someday.

Back to "why the Evoque" - well, mostly impulse backed by
a logical argument for my partner's benefit. When I saw James May heading through the desert, then cruising in Vegas - I was taken by the versatility of the Evoque. Here was a car that could go places my 6mth old Audi TTS could not. And in stunning visual form! Finally- I justified the purchase after a near emergency braking episode - the other driver had not seen my low to the road dark coupe and I only saw him at the last moment as he turned in front of me (ABS merci!!). Surely sitting higher at intersections makes sense! And choosing a vehicle that was brighter colored.
Luckily, the Evoque is also a design triumph much in the way the Audi TT line was - so it made the transition easier.

But I must say, there was no competitor for the Evoque for me. No Evoque = continue to live with a gorgeous Audi forever!!!

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
(This post was last modified: 13-12-2011 10:03pm by Evoqess.)
13-12-2011 10:01pm