Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are 'premium' leather seats?
Good shot

RE: What are 'premium' leather seats?

(14-10-2015 05:03pm)Steve D Wrote:  Well, that's one I'll pass on. They weren't cooled seats and it was the 'old' model. Had 36k on the clock (which was over 1,000 miles more than in the advert) and was filthy dirty so I suspect they'd been using it to bring the McDonalds back at lunchtime! Has been a two-owner car - first Landrover, then the LR dealer so it's probably been a demo/loan car or something. Drivers seat looked well stretched on the base too. No spare wheel. They were asking just under £34k and it's the only car I've phoned up for that's still unsold so that set bells ringing before anything. My hunt continues!

Mine is late 63 plate. Good seats and still look smart after 20k - but heated only and not cooled. Very comfy with good lumbar support. Six speed box. No problems - touch wood.

Last 2013 SD4 Auto, Prestige, Pano, Firenze Red. Loving the USB shuffle.
(This post was last modified: 14-10-2015 05:33pm by Good shot.)
14-10-2015 05:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

What do you mean by an "Old model"? There has only been one facelift so far and that is the 2016MY, there have been minor spec changes annually since 2011 with no noticable external or internal changes other than the change from a 6 speed auto to a 9 speed for the 2014model year and some colour schemes being changed or removed. The Climate control seats became an option for 2014MY and due to the extra cost (like the Plus Pack seats it was getting on for £3000) is a fairly rare thing to find on Evoques.

A spare wheel was only ever an optional extra, however I suspect that many dealers remove them when they take a car in for part-exchange............... the spare kit can be bought later but costs considerably more as a dealer fitted option over a factory fitted option, so if there is the polystrene moulding to carry the spare then there should be a spare wheel somewhere to match it. Standard supply ex factory is an electric tyre pump and a tube of goo to put into the punctured tyre on all UK Evoques.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 14-10-2015 06:30pm by XFullFatTim.)
14-10-2015 06:22pm
Steve D

(14-10-2015 06:22pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  What do you mean by an "Old model"? There has only been one facelift so far and that is the 2016MY, there have been minor spec changes annually since 2011 with no noticable external or internal changes other than the change from a 6 speed auto to a 9 speed for the 2014model year and some colour schemes being changed or removed. The Climate control seats became an option for 2014MY and due to the extra cost (like the Plus Pack seats it was getting on for £3000) is a fairly rare thing to find on Evoques.

A spare wheel was only ever an optional extra, however I suspect that many dealers remove them when they take a car in for part-exchange............... the spare kit can be bought later but costs considerably more as a dealer fitted option over a factory fitted option, so if there is the polystrene moulding to carry the spare then there should be a spare wheel somewhere to match it. Standard supply ex factory is an electric tyre pump and a tube of goo to put into the punctured tyre on all UK Evoques.

I only referred to it as the 'old model' as that's what the salesman called it! He said you can tell the old models because they have different leather on the dash and the 'big' door mirrors. I'd never heard it called that before. Or noticed the big mirrors.

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
14-10-2015 07:19pm
XFullFatTim

Modifying the "elephants ears" was a very early update in about 2012 for 2013MY IIRC, The mirrors still stick out as far as they ever did but the modification increased the gap between the mirror housing and the A pillar to help visiblity at junctions that a lot of early owners complained about, it also reduced the wind noise that was generated between the A pillar and the original design.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
14-10-2015 07:40pm
Steve D

Elephants ears. Laughing

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 14-10-2015 08:24pm by Steve D.)
14-10-2015 08:23pm
rjsalpha

I wish we could buy these for our Evoque Dynamic! We are reluctantly facing up to having to sell our lovely Evoque as the seats are giving my good lady back pain!Surprised

We have tried everything including JLR taking it in and checking the seats but still it's causing the back pain. Has anyone in the Sussex area able to show us his/her Evoque with the "Elephant ears seats before we sell up !!

Richard
17-10-2015 10:51pm
XFullFatTim

Richard to get the Recaro style high backed seats you need to look for a Dynamic with "Plus Pack" - the pack was only available on Dynamics and cost £3000 extra and you couldn't have rear seat entertainment with those seats either. They were still heated though. Because of the price they were not a bit seller for LR. You can buy them aftermarket though from some of the suppliers who supply the factory and also from LR dealers as they can be fitted to Defender as an option and they are fitted to Jaguar F Types as ano option. Might be worth looking around some of the vehicle recycling yards for a set.

(This post was last modified: 18-10-2015 07:58am by XFullFatTim.)
18-10-2015 07:56am
5jms5

I may be wrong but on the 2012 models was premium leather not the perforated red and black type as opposed to single colour with smooth finish.
18-10-2015 06:35pm
XFullFatTim

The two tone perforated leather was always standard on the Dynamic

18-10-2015 09:35pm
5jms5

I was under the impression Tim that some colours of two tone leather where extra.
19-10-2015 06:46am