Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Well, it's here. Almost all of it too!
Steve D

Well, it's here. Almost all of it too!

Well, our Evoque arrived early this morning as promised but I'm not happy with a few things: I was told it would have a new MOT and it hasn't - haven't even got the old one with it although online says it is mot'd until July 2016 but that's not the point - I want the MOT's and service (was serviced yesterday as promised) to sync up so only one trip to garage. Also, the wifi headphones aren't working - was told that they would fit new batteries but they obviously haven't. Not to much of a problem but I can't seem to get the battery door open, the screw keeps going round and round (or am I doing something wrong?). But the biggest pain in the Arsenal is that despite being promised a brand new spare wheel, jack, wheel brace and liner, I still have the inflation kit. It does show a £400 charge for this on my invoice but when the driver arrived with it at 8.00 this morning he couldn't contact the sales person as they weren't in. All minor stuff that will be sorted out but nevertheless, a bit annoying.

Apart from that, all other stuff was done - tailgate correctly aligned, scuffs and chips sorted, new load cover and tailgate seal and new tailgate close button replaced.

Oh, and it's a bloody cracking car!

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
23-10-2015 10:04am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lurcher

RE: Well, it's here. Almost all of it too!

Good to see its arrived Steve , I am sure they will get the other bits sorted for you , which mats did you go for ?

Julian

2015 Corris SD4 Auto Pure Tech 5 Door Pan Roof and Privacy Glass
23-10-2015 10:25am
Steve D

Well. I held out on the mats as I wasn't sure which ones to get. I'll probably go for the OE ones but I'm hoping I can blag a set from the dealer in lieu of the MOT (I am an MOT tester and it won't cost me anything but they don't know that). Wink

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
23-10-2015 10:30am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I'm probably wrong on this but I thought that MOT's were all electronic these days and paper ones are not issued to cut down on the amount MOT certificate fraud? I didn't get a piece of paper for my Defender when it had it's MOT in March but I can see online that it is valid

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 23-10-2015 10:39am by XFullFatTim.)
23-10-2015 10:37am
Steve D

(23-10-2015 10:37am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I'm probably wrong on this but I thought that MOT's were all electronic these days and paper ones are not issued to cut down on the amount MOT certificate fraud? I didn't get a piece of paper for my Defender when it had it's MOT in March but I can see online that it is valid

That's correct Tim and I can see that it has a MOT until July but the deal struck before purchase included a service and fresh MOT which they agreed. Things could have gone wrong since its last MOT in July this year and I just wanted to bring the servicing and MOT into line. Paper copies are definitely issued and you should have got one - the DVSA would look on that as a serious breach of the regs. They are a record of what has been uploaded onto the MOT database. Plenty of people who drive cars don't have access to online information.

23-10-2015 11:29am
5jms5

Good luck with the new car. It is frustrating not having everything done as agreed, although I can't say I am surprised! I would be on the phone constantly to get the niggles sorted out. On past experience the salesman will now be too busy to answer you on the phone or will forget to ring you back. Don't let a few niggles get in the way enjoy your new car.
23-10-2015 12:48pm
Steve D

Well, the salesperson I dealt with is actually off today so I've been dealing with the sales manager. He said I could go and get my own MOT if I want and they will reimburse me or they will collect and return it to me but I don't want to lose it for a day and put a couple of hundred miles on the clock. I've managed to sort out the headphones and I'll have to wait to see how they are going to get the spare wheel and all the gubbins to me. Just loading it up now as we are off to the Peaks for a week so I'll sort it out when I get back. If I get a puncture though I'll make their lives a misery! Laughing

(This post was last modified: 23-10-2015 02:20pm by Steve D.)
23-10-2015 02:19pm
Lurcher

Have a good week , which area you visiting ?

2015 Corris SD4 Auto Pure Tech 5 Door Pan Roof and Privacy Glass
23-10-2015 02:26pm
Barton Evoque

Didn't think you could have a new mot until 30 days before it was due ?

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
23-10-2015 03:12pm
Steve D

(23-10-2015 02:26pm)Lurcher Wrote:  Have a good week , which area you visiting ?
We're going to Hollington near Ashbourne.

(23-10-2015 03:12pm)Barton Evoque Wrote:  Didn't think you could have a new mot until 30 days before it was due ?
Can have one any time you like but if you have it done up to 30 days before the old certificate expires, you get those 30 days added on so you can effectively get a 13 month MOT. Mini cabs and black taxis have to have them done every six months.

23-10-2015 04:43pm