Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Well, it's here. Almost all of it too!
Steve D

RE: Well, it's here. Almost all of it too!

Getting slightly peeved with my dealer now. One week on and I've phoned up about my missing spare wheel kit, only to be told that my salesperson was on holiday. I reminded them that it had been a week now since it was delivered minus the kit I paid for. Today the wife noticed a horrible clicking/crunching noise when opening/closing the drivers door. Turned out that the door check strap bolt was almost falling out. Tightened that myself. I suppose it must have been number 156 on the 155 point pre-delivery inspection. Rolling Eyes To their credit, the tailgate was perfectly aligned and a new tailgate switch, seal and parcel shelf had been replaced as requested. It also came with a full tank of fuel which was an unexpected bonus. Been promised that someone will be in touch with me tomorrow. We'll see!

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
30-10-2015 05:25pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

Door Check Strap has been a common thing to come loose too, at least it's an easy fix, and once tight should be fine.

If you've got a perfectly aligned Tailgate then that's a real bonus!!!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
30-10-2015 09:52pm
Steve D

Update: Just had my call. I was going to ask for my money back that was shown on my invoice (£400) and buy the spare wheel kit from one of the forum sponsors (Duckworths) but as they either couldn't or wouldn't reply to my request for a quote, that was a no go. Anyway, the dealer was very apologetic and will be delivering and installing my spare wheel kit next week. Also, they will be sending me a new set of headphones even though I repaired the original ones and, as my vehicle came with 9 months MOT instead of a full year, I was given the option of getting a fresh one and they will reimburse me for the cost. I don't pay for my MOT's so instead I asked if they would supply me with a rubber mat set (cost £95) in lieu of the MOT and they agreed. A good result, when I get it!

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
31-10-2015 11:28am
Lurcher

Good result Steve well done Thumbs Up , the cheap mat set I bought just to replace on the drivers side didn't get the wifes approval so she is putting up with the LR Rubber ones , No2 son putting them in his Cabstar .
It has cost us an extra £100 to buy a Dyson rechargable to clean the car and that lasts for 6mins Laughing
In the light of day the scrape on my car doesn't look too good , No1 son is going to give it a go with his detailing kit next week on his days off , then we will see if it need a more professional make over .

2015 Corris SD4 Auto Pure Tech 5 Door Pan Roof and Privacy Glass
31-10-2015 12:16pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Lurcher, re Dyson rechargable, you should have asked here before buying it! Most overrated and under performing rechargable cleaner going, I bought mine for the car and it is now reserved for picking up stuff spilled in the kitchen. They take an age to recharge too............... I have the mains powered pullalong for the house and it now gets used for the car as well and it is very good.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
31-10-2015 08:58pm
Lurcher

Well I did tell her Rolling Eyes

31-10-2015 09:07pm
Steve D

Well, they phoned today regarding my spare wheel kit and they want to come and take the car back to the dealership to fit it. It's a 170 mile round trip and it'll be gone for over a day! I told them to just deliver all the parts to me and I'll fit it myself. I wonder if there's any value in a liner and an inflation kit?

02-11-2015 09:00pm
Lurcher

Cant get in mine (well ours) , missus out this morn and No 2 son out with girlfriend in it this aft and then she goes to work in it each day , oh well there is always next weekend Very Happy.

08-11-2015 05:04pm
Steve D

So, No 1 son gets to fix it and No 2 son and the missus get to drive it. You just pay for it. Typical family car then! Laughing

08-11-2015 05:55pm
Lurcher

This incontrol ap is useful to tell me where he has been today Very Happy

08-11-2015 07:22pm