Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Victoria Beckham - special edition
Lone Rangerover

RE: Victoria Beckham - special edition

(11-08-2012 10:01pm)LonnyGer Wrote:  The only good thing about this car is the colour, but therefore I would choose a foil, it's much cheaper Very Happy

Anyone know the tire and wheel size and offsets of the VB edition ?

Also anyone k ow if this stock ride height or lowered ?
12-08-2012 12:09am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LonnyGer

(12-08-2012 12:09am)Lone Rangerover Wrote:  Anyone know the tire and wheel size and offsets of the VB edition ?

Also anyone k ow if this stock ride height or lowered ?

Here in Germany, we have one Dealer, about 30km away from my home, who has a vb edition. I was able to had a look a couple of weeks ago, the person who was in charge of this car( he cleaned it), told me that not every part of the interior would be in a final edition, some parts would be falling down( not glued) s.o. The wheels are 22", that's what he said, I'm not sure but they looked bigger as I would expect from 20", the steering wheel wasnt on the left side, so defently a UK show version.

It looked nice, but I was wondering why they put the v.b version in the showroom, while some parts fall off, if you try to touch them (interior).

Greets

Ordered: 04.07.12
Build Date: 30.10.12
Day of collection: 28.11.12 ( the wait is almost overVery Happy)

Car Spec: 5d,OG,dynamic,Black Roof, fully loaded
12-08-2012 08:18pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The dealership put it there because LR will have sent it to them as there may be potential sales for the VB in your area. It doesn't matter that it isn't the "real deal" VB edition, they are trying to generate sales of them and if nobody can see one in the flesh (even with bits falling off it) then nobody will buy one. For the life of me I cannot see who would spend that much money on an Evoque when you can have a very nice FFRR or an RRS with a lot oy extras on it for the same price! I doubt that my local dealership wil get one to show off as we are a rural / farming area, but Town and Country in Aberdeen will probably be able to shift a few as there are loads of people in the oil industry up there with money to burn and who have to have a car that is a bit different from their neighbours.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2012 09:50pm by XFullFatTim.)
12-08-2012 09:47pm
Lone Rangerover

(12-08-2012 08:18pm)LonnyGer Wrote:  Here in Germany, we have one Dealer, about 30km away from my home, who has a vb edition. I was able to had a look a couple of weeks ago, the person who was in charge of this car( he cleaned it), told me that not every part of the interior would be in a final edition, some parts would be falling down( not glued) s.o. The wheels are 22", that's what he said, I'm not sure but they looked bigger as I would expect from 20", the steering wheel wasnt on the left side, so defently a UK show version.

It looked nice, but I was wondering why they put the v.b version in the showroom, while some parts fall off, if you try to touch them (interior).

Greets

Really ? It had 22's on it ? Did you get a look at the tire size too ? And was it sitting on a lower suspension than a standard evoque?
13-08-2012 02:31am
LonnyGer

(12-08-2012 09:47pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  The dealership put it there because LR will have sent it to them as there may be potential sales for the VB in your area. It doesn't matter that it isn't the "real deal" VB edition, they are trying to generate sales of them and if nobody can see one in the flesh (even with bits falling off it) then nobody will buy one. For the life of me I cannot see who would spend that much money on an Evoque when you can have a very nice FFRR or an RRS with a lot oy extras on it for the same price! I doubt that my local dealership wil get one to show off as we are a rural / farming area, but Town and Country in Aberdeen will probably be able to shift a few as there are loads of people in the oil industry up there with money to burn and who have to have a car that is a bit different from their neighbours.

Totally agree, that makes sense, the LR and Jag Dealer is at the same place as the Aston Martin dealer, so there are a lot of people who can probably afford this car.

I also think that the car is far overpriced, the wheels and the colour are quite nice, but some gold parts and a luggage set aren't worth this price at all. I would buy a standard evoque and would help myself with an LV set, and still lots of money would be left Smile.

@lone range, yes I'm almost sure that these where 22", they looked bigger as 20",I hadn't had a look on tyre size, the car didn't looked like it would have had a different (lower) suspension.
I will phone the dealer today if the car is still there, if that's the case I will go there today and take some pictures for you, also of the tires Smile

13-08-2012 05:17am
Lone Rangerover

(13-08-2012 05:17am)LonnyGer Wrote:  Totally agree, that makes sense, the LR and Jag Dealer is at the same place as the Aston Martin dealer, so there are a lot of people who can probably afford this car.

I also think that the car is far overpriced, the wheels and the colour are quite nice, but some gold parts and a luggage set aren't worth this price at all. I would buy a standard evoque and would help myself with an LV set, and still lots of money would be left Smile.

@lone range, yes I'm almost sure that these where 22", they looked bigger as 20",I hadn't had a look on tyre size, the car didn't looked like it would have had a different (lower) suspension.
I will phone the dealer today if the car is still there, if that's the case I will go there today and take some pictures for you, also of the tires Smile
That's great - Please ask the offset and wheel width also if you are at the dealership.

Thanks very much!
13-08-2012 05:50am
XFullFatTim

Toyota has a similar reflected glory car, but I doubt many are on show in Toyota showrooms - it's called the Aston Martin Cygnet, basically a Toyota IQ for twice the price!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-08-2012 07:51am
LonnyGer

(13-08-2012 07:51am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Toyota has a similar reflected glory car, but I doubt many are on show in Toyota showrooms - it's called the Aston Martin Cygnet, basically a Toyota IQ for twice the price!

Yeah they have it also there in the Aston Martin Showroom, fine interior, ugly exterior, price about 40.000 Euros Wink.

I will be at the LR dealer in about 2 hours, let's see if I can get some informations and pics .

13-08-2012 10:01am
LonnyGer

The car isn't there anymore, they only had the vb edition for 1 month during the berlin fashion week.
They also weren't able to give me some information about the specs, too late Sad

13-08-2012 03:22pm
XFullFatTim

Then I suggest you contact Nick@Land Rover by PM - Nick is at LR Customer Services and should be able to assist

13-08-2012 04:27pm