Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Victoria Beckham - special edition
masmullin

RE: Victoria Beckham - special edition

(23-04-2012 04:54pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Oh dear, after 4 bigger Range Rovers, I must be on the downward slope now I have an Evoque..............

Downward slopers cannot afford to buy a brand new car, downward slopers take the bus or drive a corolla.

JLR have stated that the Evoque is a method of opening the RR brand to new buyers (who would otherwise buy a BMW or Audi); since you have owned many previous RRs, you aren't the primary target market segment JLR was going after with this new vehicle. You are at best, a secondary segment for "Previous RR owners who would enjoy a more sporty, better handling vehicle."

I'm not trying to belittle your value as a repeat customer for RR, the company is obviously very happy that you found a vehicle more to your liking than those huge land yaughts you previously owned. But the evoque is a tool to bring folks like me into the RR tent.

So that said, what does the VB Edition mean? What is JLR saying with the VB edition? With the price point hey've set, and the limited production run, IMHO JLR are trying to say "Buyers of this vehicle enjoy the top of the most Posh. Owners of the VB Edition belong to a most exclusive club." Unfortuntely the actual car doesn't fit this statement as it's only moderately superior to the Prestige edition, thus the statement becomes "I didn't earn my money, and I dont understand the value of money. I dont appreciate the finer things in life, I simply demand and expect them."
23-04-2012 06:55pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

For £80k though you can get a very nicely kitted out brand new FFRR Westminster 4.4TDV8 with loads more toys than the RRE with all the boxes ticked, that has no association with VB.......................... and have change to put the fuel into it (from my own experience of running a 3.6TDv8FFRR it won't cost you much more in fuel but will crucify you with VED and BIK tax if you are a company car user!). Problem is they are just so common these days unlike VB Evoques (or non VB Evoques for that matter!)

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 23-04-2012 07:08pm by XFullFatTim.)
23-04-2012 07:06pm
masmullin

(23-04-2012 07:06pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Problem is they are just so common these days unlike VB Evoques (or non VB Evoques for that matter!)

Things are different here in Canada. Land Rover Discovery's are very uncommon here (much more uncommon than BMW), In fact, I see more Porsche's than LRs. I've never seen another Evoque outside of the dealership, and I've only seen maybe 4 Range Rover/RRS in my entire adult life. So maybe I misunderstand the exclusivity that buyers of the VB Evoque are going for.
23-04-2012 08:01pm
Neo

Does anyone know if we can get the matte paint from anywhere? I like the exterior work only.

On another note, I read up the matte paint is high maintenance!!
http://www.bimmerfile.com/2010/07/11/mat...agreement/

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
(This post was last modified: 24-04-2012 01:58am by Neo.)
24-04-2012 01:48am
WB
WB

Looks like they borrowed the exterior colour scheme from somewhere...

actually I vaguely recollect a photo of VB driving one of these....
(24-04-2012 01:48am)Neo Wrote:  Does anyone know if we can get the matte paint from anywhere? I like the exterior work only.

On another note, I read up the matte paint is high maintenance!!
http://www.bimmerfile.com/2010/07/11/mat...agreement/

You can get a similar colour wrap - it's a matte metallic grey.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 24-04-2012 09:54am by WB.)
24-04-2012 09:51am
Neo

(24-04-2012 09:51am)WB Wrote:  You can get a similar colour wrap - it's a matte metallic grey.

Cool, didn't know they call it a 'wrap'. I wonder is it expensive?

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
25-04-2012 01:19am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

For an Evoque in the UK it's about £1800 depending on the finish you want or if you want something odd like this one............ over18's only
http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic11202.html

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
25-04-2012 09:52am
PhilSkill

Ugh! just saw the news... VB Car Stylist!... "I've never designed a car before... "

No and you haven't now luv...!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
26-04-2012 09:01pm
Tony

(26-04-2012 09:01pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Ugh! just saw the news... VB Car Stylist!... "I've never designed a car before... "

No and you haven't now luv...!

Time to sell before the feckhams devalue my car even more!
Having worked 25 years in marketing for a blue chip company I cannot understand why JLR would want to have them associated with any of their products. For every Chav/WAG that is attracted to the name there must be 1000s of sane buyers repulsed by it.
Rant over reach for another beer!!

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
26-04-2012 11:18pm
masmullin

(26-04-2012 11:18pm)Tony Wrote:  For every Chav/WAG

For those of us on the other side of the pond, what's a Chav/WAG ?
26-04-2012 11:30pm