Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Victoria Beckham - special edition
Radeco

RE: Victoria Beckham - special edition

Anyone tell me about the three buttons, left side, above P on the center console - I only got 2?? Idea
Sorry - don't bother - just read the manual, HD, DSC and "ECO" - I don't have that!! Evil
Hang on - is it manual or automatic? "ECO STOP/START
The Stop/Start system with manual transmission has been designed to improve
fuel efficiency. The system is automatically
activated when the ignition is switched on" So how come auto now has stop/start? (page 82). Laughing

G4 Freelander 2005 V6 HSE Stage 1 Thailand/Laos. HQ Support
Gone - Grey Freelander 2 2011 SD4 XS Works Van !
Still missing my Evo.
(This post was last modified: 23-04-2012 01:10pm by Radeco.)
23-04-2012 12:48pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Even stranger is that it is supposed to be an Si4................ with stop/start?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-04-2012 01:16pm
LDT

(23-04-2012 10:05am)Coolbanana Wrote:  You may not have a particularly high opinion of VB (I'm indifferent to her brand) but the fact is she is highly regarded in the Far East and the USA by many - so LR Marketing are on to a winner and they know it since that is where they will want to sell most of their cars.

Those of us that don't care about the VB brand in the UK will still buy so a total win-win methinks - those that are actually willing to spite themselves just because of her association with what is undeniably a good car are in the minority I reckon and won't be hurting LR RRE sales.

+1. As posted in a previous thread, if LR believed that VB had nothing to offer the brand they would have ended her contract. I too am indifferent to VB, but, again as posted previously, if the car sells as well as her clothing range both LR and VB are laughing all the way to the bank.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
23-04-2012 01:47pm
andrey1302

(23-04-2012 01:16pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Even stranger is that it is supposed to be an Si4................ with stop/start?

and also with auto box

Fuji 3 dr Pure SD4
[Image: 124851.png]
23-04-2012 01:50pm
evQ

(23-04-2012 10:05am)Coolbanana Wrote:  You may not have a particularly high opinion of VB (I'm indifferent to her brand) but the fact is she is highly regarded in the Far East and the USA by many...

"she is highly regarded in the Far East and the USA" - don't know about Far East but highly regarded in USA....hahhhaaa LaughingLaughingLaughing
23-04-2012 02:35pm
pureevoque

new tail lights shown in detail here, they seem to have turned blue Confused

Lots of detail photos on netcarshow;

[Image: Land_Rover-Range_Rover_Evoque_Victoria_B...per_14.jpg]

ed4 Pure 5 Dr, Fuji, Xenons, Front Fogs, Power mirrors & tailgate, 20" Style 6. Ordered 290611 Delivered 090312
(This post was last modified: 23-04-2012 03:38pm by pureevoque.)
23-04-2012 03:37pm
Coolbanana

(23-04-2012 02:35pm)evQ Wrote:  "she is highly regarded in the Far East and the USA" - don't know about Far East but highly regarded in USA....hahhhaaa LaughingLaughingLaughing

Laughing So I'm informed by my extended family living in L.A. They say she is quite the A-list star celebrity over the pond for some reason.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
(This post was last modified: 23-04-2012 03:38pm by Coolbanana.)
23-04-2012 03:38pm
andrey1302

To be honest, I really liked it at the beginning, but then I started to like it less and less, to me it seems just like a "tuned version" rather than the special edition especially with the clear lights at the back and tinted front lights, to me it looks tacky now, mix of materials (rose gold and then black metal parts that used to be aluminium, etc), the evoque badge actually looks very cheap to me (looks like what dealers stick on your car with the garage name)

So all in all my opinion is that there's nothing so groundbreaking that makes me wanna order one, especially since it just seems to have visual upgrades, and to me special limited edition should be differentiated more (for example a more powerful engine or 8 speed gearbox)
+ I think if you pay so much for the car you should be able to customize it to some degree in terms of color and trim

Of course this is just my opinion and I hope I haven't offended anyone Smile

Fuji 3 dr Pure SD4
[Image: 124851.png]
23-04-2012 03:52pm
masmullin

First, I think Posh Spice is sexy as f#*k.

Secondly, the VB edition of the Evoque is the best edition there is.

However. The VB edition isn't *that* much better. Luggage is pointless, the rose gold is nice an all, but its not OMG good, and the extra "evoque" plaques don't really add much to tht care. I do like the extra plush seats.

But the whole package is certainly not $120k (US/CND)! To be that much what should have been done is add the daddy Rover's V8 supercharged engine. 22" Wheels, and allow the moonroof to open.
Those additions would have made the car worth twice the value of the top of the line Dynamic edition.

As fitted, This VB edition evoque makes a different statement to the other Evoques in the lineup.

The statement normal Evoques make is "I'm an up-and-comer, I've started to make good money and I enjoy the finer things in life."

The VB Edition says "I didn't earn my money, and I dont understand it's value. I dont appreciate the finer things in life, I simply demand and expect them."

I'm a bit sad about this, as I like VB and I really wanted to like the VB evoque.

One good thing about the VB evoque is that it doesn't make me say "I wish I waited and bought one of those!"
To clarify. I dont dislike the Car. The Evoque is fantastic, and VB adds a little bit extra to the vehicle.

However I do mean LITTLE BIT. Perhaps the VB edition should be $8k(CND) more than the most expensive current Evoque.
(This post was last modified: 23-04-2012 04:34pm by masmullin.)
23-04-2012 04:14pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

(23-04-2012 04:14pm)masmullin Wrote:  The statement normal Evoques make is "I'm an up-and-comer, I've started to make good money and I enjoy the finer things in life."

Oh dear, after 4 bigger Range Rovers, I must be on the downward slope now I have an Evoque..............

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-04-2012 04:54pm