Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Very Poor Economy
e11smt

RE: Very Poor Economy

Yer it's been into the dealer and they just said they'd updated the ECU and it should help.

Still doing it though, and the regeneration seems to maybe happen more often than it should and affect consumption more than it should.

I've got 54mpg on a long run before, with no regeneration.

However on the same long journey I've done with the regen kicking in I've got like 42 mpg, which to me is significant. I may take it in again and ask them to have another look?

And it's alright saying 'shouldn't have got an evoque' but when the stated figures are as they are, you wouldn't expect to be spending so much on diesel....
01-02-2014 04:34pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BobM

I have now owned half a dozen cars with DPF (including my Evoque) and driven dozens at work. None were ever noticeable in respect of performance when the DPF cycle was on - to be honest, I have never even been aware of any car I had been driving ever going into the DPF cycle!.
The worst thing I ever noticed was one day I parked the car up when it was obviously part way through a cycle and you get that almost burning plastic bag stuck to the exhaust smell.
I would think that if you are having noticeable regular performance drops then its not your DPF. Have you considered the water in fuel filter problem that seems quite regular, though you are likely to come to a grinding halt with that one.
In any case, unless you are driving short journeys everyday where the car is not reaching operating temperature, the DPF cycle would be lucky to activate once a month (or less).

Pure, SD4, Auto, 5 door, Firenze Red, Ebony/Ebony, privacy, rear camera, front sensors, fog lights, spare wheel, auto lights and wipers - Delivered 14.3.15 Very Happy

Gone but not forgotten - Old rattly 1.3.12 - 31.5.13 - Pure, SD4, manual, 5 door, Fuji, 19" style 4, ebony/ebony, spare wheel, privacy.
02-02-2014 11:59am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Have you also tried a different service outlet? Or contacting Land Rover Customer Services - Pete may be able to help if the situation has been dragging out and the dealers have had no joy in solving the issue.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-02-2014 02:45pm
e11smt

Hmmm I'll take it in a couple of long journeys and see if things improve.

I can't even remember the last time the stop/start worked though.

Maybe it's worth just booking it back in at the dealer and also contacting land rover, cheers guys
02-02-2014 04:01pm
speary

(02-02-2014 04:01pm)e11smt Wrote:  Hmmm I'll take it in a couple of long journeys and see if things improve.

I can't even remember the last time the stop/start worked though.

Maybe it's worth just booking it back in at the dealer and also contacting land rover, cheers guys

On my regular commute I get 42mpg. When regen is on it drops to 32
My stop start stopped working last year. It was fixed with a software update

No modern DPF equipped diesel is suitable for short journeys where the engine doesn't get to full temp and stays there for a while

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
06-02-2014 02:05pm
Jeroma

(01-02-2014 12:50am)Bugblatter Wrote:  38mpg? You are lucky! If you want mega fuel economy, you should not have bought an Evoque!

We get around 26mpg.
I bought recently an ed4 as I don't need a 4wheel drive. After having done around 2500 miles the fuel consumption in mixed driving is 46mpg, whats very reasonable for a this car in fact I expected far less, it's even better than my Koleos with the same engine power.
My Triumph TR6 , a much lighter car with 165hp does about 25 mpg, and this was reasonable in the 70th....

Evoque MY2014 ED4 Pure Tech in Aintree Green - Almond/Expresso, priv. glass, rear camera etc...
other cars in house: Renault Megane CC
1960 Triumph TR3A in BRG - on Webers
1970 Triumph TR6PI in jasmine on EFI
08-02-2014 03:50pm
e11smt

Thanks for all the input people.

The start/stop decided to work the other day, but not on the return journey, it seems completely spontaneous!

Averaging 33.8mpg. Definitely wont be purchasing a diesel next time I don't think.

Acceptable in the 70s when petrol was 80p per gallon Tongue Out
09-02-2014 01:46pm
fam1x

I need to find out how you guys are getting such high figures Smile I've just had my car services and what ever update they have done to the software seems to have made it worse for me in terms of fuel consumption. Now its down the the 20mpg on average if I'm lucky.

I'm seriously thinking of getting the engine remapped and removing the DPF as I'm told it could improve performance and fuel economy. I'm sure there was a thread for engine remapping. Has anyone done this to their Evoque please comment ?

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
10-02-2014 10:10am
e11smt

I'm considering doing that too but everyones banging on about it being illegal

although I was told that about getting a de-cat exhaust on my vxr, and it still passes its MOT
10-02-2014 09:38pm
cjfp

(10-02-2014 10:10am)fam1x Wrote:  I need to find out how you guys are getting such high figures Smile I've just had my car services and what ever update they have done to the software seems to have made it worse for me in terms of fuel consumption. Now its down the the 20mpg on average if I'm lucky.

I'm seriously thinking of getting the engine remapped and removing the DPF as I'm told it could improve performance and fuel economy. I'm sure there was a thread for engine remapping. Has anyone done this to their Evoque please comment ?

I think you need to find out whats wrong with the car befor you make drastic moves. Unless you have a very heavy foot all the time (or drive with the brakes on) then there does seem to be something wrong with your car.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
10-02-2014 10:25pm