Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Top Gear pulled for this week
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Top Gear pulled for this week

My BBC News app has just flashed up some breaking news - Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended by the BBC after a "fracas" with a producer and the Top Gear edition scheduled to be broadcast this weekend has been pulled.......... is the end of TG nigh?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2015 06:11pm by XFullFatTim.)
10-03-2015 06:08pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stadt Panzer

RE: Top Gear pulled for this week

I hope not.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
10-03-2015 06:12pm
Kojak

Yikes!

OUT - Pure SD4, Orkney Grey, 5 dr, Manual, Fogs, Xenons, Auto dim mirror, Auto lights / wipers, Power fold mirrors, spare wheel.
IN - Dynamic SD4, Indus Silver, 5 dr, Auto, Heated Steering Wheel, Auto Dim mirror, Spare wheel.
10-03-2015 06:24pm
jewel-r

I woundt be suprised if it was pulled. I remember when it used to be about cars not presenters.
10-03-2015 07:20pm
Stadt Panzer

I don't really understand all the negative hype that follows Clarkson, it's not as if the whole thing is shown LIVE. If the BBC didn't agree and thought anything that he said was wrong they could cut it out, the only reason they leave it all in is because that's what they want.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
10-03-2015 08:43pm
mighTTy-RRE

I met and a chatted to JC at the filming of Top Gear 11 years ago. I had expected and arrogant celebrity, what I actually got was a real nice bloke who chatted to us in pub chat manner with no "I'm a Celebrity" attitude.

OK so he speaks his mind, but in a lot of cases he speaks common sense.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2015 09:17pm by mighTTy-RRE.)
10-03-2015 09:15pm
Evo-king

Maybe the BBC are looking to get out of this show.

If they did, I could easily see the three of them swapping channels and having their own show there, a new series of 5th Gear is now on the History Channel.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
10-03-2015 10:47pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

There is a petition on line at http://www.change.org if folks feel strongly enought that he should not have been suspended................... to maintain balance I have to say there is also a petition on the same website (with a lot less names on it) calling for him to be sacked! One dilemma for the BBC is that the Top Gear brand is a mege earner for them worldwide with spin-off programs hosted by other presenters using the same format and then there are the hugely popular live stage shows that rae hosted worldwide. I don't see the BBC selling the format to any competing channels here in the UK. I'm sure that now that TG has knocked The Milliband Sagas off the news headlines there will be a re-appraisal of the presenters / format. Maybe it is time for a new face as lead presenter for TG?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
11-03-2015 08:42am
timhum

I reckon its time to change the show; its the same old format being being re-hashed every week. Its so scripted as to be unnatural with the three performers just playing to the audience. The bonhommie of JC reminds me very much of that of Nigel Farage; everybody's mate but with nothing really to say.
Tim

Tim
Evoque SD4 Pure Tech, Auto, Orkney, Panoramic roof, dipping and folding mirrors
11-03-2015 10:28am
Chrisr1806

At the end of the day, if you don't like it, don't watch it.

I personally find it to be very entertaining and hope it continues.

Arrived: MY14.5 RRS HSE SDV6 in Loire Blue, Ivory interior, piano black trim, privacy glass,
panoramic sunroof, tow bar, mudflaps and full size spare Cool

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black, 19" Alloys, ebony interior,
piano black trim & grab handles, privacy glass, lux pack, rear spoiler, mudflaps and tow bar Very Happy
11-03-2015 12:56pm