babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Top Gear pulled for this week - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Top Gear pulled for this week (/Thread-Top-Gear-pulled-for-this-week)

Pages: 1 2

Top Gear pulled for this week - XFullFatTim - 10-03-2015 06:08pm

My BBC News app has just flashed up some breaking news - Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended by the BBC after a "fracas" with a producer and the Top Gear edition scheduled to be broadcast this weekend has been pulled.......... is the end of TG nigh?

RE: Top Gear pulled for this week - Stadt Panzer - 10-03-2015 06:12pm

I hope not.

RE: Top Gear pulled for this week - Kojak - 10-03-2015 06:24pm

Yikes!

RE: Top Gear pulled for this week - jewel-r - 10-03-2015 07:20pm

I woundt be suprised if it was pulled. I remember when it used to be about cars not presenters.

RE: Top Gear pulled for this week - Stadt Panzer - 10-03-2015 08:43pm

I don't really understand all the negative hype that follows Clarkson, it's not as if the whole thing is shown LIVE. If the BBC didn't agree and thought anything that he said was wrong they could cut it out, the only reason they leave it all in is because that's what they want.

RE: Top Gear pulled for this week - mighTTy-RRE - 10-03-2015 09:15pm

I met and a chatted to JC at the filming of Top Gear 11 years ago. I had expected and arrogant celebrity, what I actually got was a real nice bloke who chatted to us in pub chat manner with no "I'm a Celebrity" attitude.

OK so he speaks his mind, but in a lot of cases he speaks common sense.

RE: Top Gear pulled for this week - Evo-king - 10-03-2015 10:47pm

Maybe the BBC are looking to get out of this show.

If they did, I could easily see the three of them swapping channels and having their own show there, a new series of 5th Gear is now on the History Channel.

RE: Top Gear pulled for this week - XFullFatTim - 11-03-2015 08:42am

There is a petition on line at http://www.change.org if folks feel strongly enought that he should not have been suspended................... to maintain balance I have to say there is also a petition on the same website (with a lot less names on it) calling for him to be sacked! One dilemma for the BBC is that the Top Gear brand is a mege earner for them worldwide with spin-off programs hosted by other presenters using the same format and then there are the hugely popular live stage shows that rae hosted worldwide. I don't see the BBC selling the format to any competing channels here in the UK. I'm sure that now that TG has knocked The Milliband Sagas off the news headlines there will be a re-appraisal of the presenters / format. Maybe it is time for a new face as lead presenter for TG?

RE: Top Gear pulled for this week - timhum - 11-03-2015 10:28am

I reckon its time to change the show; its the same old format being being re-hashed every week. Its so scripted as to be unnatural with the three performers just playing to the audience. The bonhommie of JC reminds me very much of that of Nigel Farage; everybody's mate but with nothing really to say.
Tim

RE: Top Gear pulled for this week - Chrisr1806 - 11-03-2015 12:56pm

At the end of the day, if you don't like it, don't watch it.

I personally find it to be very entertaining and hope it continues.