Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The trials and trbulations of trying to order a new car....
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: The trials and trbulations of trying to order a new car....

You know you want to!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
12-09-2013 05:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChuckieB

(12-09-2013 05:09pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Don't tempt me! Laughing I'm staying away from those showrooms...

Although then I could get those shadow chrome wheels... And Firenze Red... and Contrast Roof...

No! I mustn't! Laughing

No! You must!

I'm only 18 months in and I can only foresee the desire to change if I really was prepared to jump from the manual to the new 9sp auto. What could finally tip me would be more power! so for the time being I'll continue soaking up the depreciation!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
12-09-2013 08:16pm
IKM

Any idea when the Land Rover configurator for the Evoque will be updated? Building the revised model may just tempt me into making a decision to change sooner than later. Thanks

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
13-09-2013 08:22am
recordman

(13-09-2013 08:22am)IKM Wrote:  Any idea when the Land Rover configurator for the Evoque will be updated? Building the revised model may just tempt me into making a decision to change sooner than later. Thanks

According to the press release the website will be updated on Oct 1
13-09-2013 08:33am
Evo-king

Congrats Tim on your new order.

Good to see that in the end you stuck with an RRE, after quite a few negative RRE comments on the forums with owners going elsewhere, you have shown that you and the "steering committee" still approve of the car.

Can't wait to hear about your new driving impressions.

I hope you have sufficient time to get the Full Factory treatment, if you can't get it, no one can.

The RR Sport is a truly tempting vehicle, whenever the advert comes on the volume is turned up, and rewound and run again (I'm a bit sad really).

Good Luck with your new car Tim.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
13-09-2013 08:41am
XFullFatTim

An Evoque that can make the same noises out of the tailpipes as the new RRS and the F Type Jaguar, now that would go down well with owners, if not their neighbours!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-09-2013 09:24am
J77

Looks a well speced car. I need to come over here more often, I'm loosing touch with what's happening. I was in getting the spill rail looked at on the Freely, so had a little look around I would be lying if I said I wasn't drawn to the Evoques in the showroom. There was a nice Indus silver with black contrast roof that caught my eye, unfortunately at the moment I need the extra boot space. It looks like the next one for me will be the baby Discovery/Fl3 whatever there going to call it.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
13-09-2013 10:09am
XFullFatTim

IKM, if you go into a dealership they can build a 2014MY car up for you now with the spreadsheets for spec and pricing
that LR issued to them.

13-09-2013 10:14am
XFullFatTim

A couple of people have asked me about the optional Active Driveline on SD4 - I have checked with Jeremy at Hadley Green Land Rover who is dealing with my order and he advises that Active Driveline is not an option yet on 2014MY cars, it is standard on UK spec 2014MY Si4. Both SD4 and Si4 get Torque Vectoring as standard for 2014MY in the UK.
It is possible that Active Drive will be come optional on SD4 as a later MY upgrade.

14-09-2013 10:11am
IKM

(13-09-2013 10:14am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  IKM, if you go into a dealership they can build a 2014MY car up for you now with the spreadsheets for spec and pricing
that LR issued to them.
Thanks Tim, and looking forward to hearing more about your new Evoque. Best wishes.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
14-09-2013 10:32pm