Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The trials and trbulations of trying to order a new car....
PhilSkill

RE: The trials and trbulations of trying to order a new car....

Nice job Tim, Be great to hear how it compares! I still love mine, so I best stay away from the show rooms Laughing

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
11-09-2013 12:25pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I still love BabyRR No1 - just done West London to Stirling via a short call in Nottingham - average mpg 39.99 average mph 72, cannot really complain about that, better I stopped at Nottingham and Teebay Services and not an ache or a pain, car was pretty quiet but I got so chessed off with the crackles and cutting out of the DAB that I relented and retuned to TV to USA location - full signal all the way except for about 5 miles going over Beattock Summit on the M74. Tell you what though, New RRS might be darned expensive and not long since launch but they are a very common sight pounding up and down the motorways - saw more of them than I did Evoques! White seems to be a popular colour, but I also noticed a lot of Chilli Red ones with black contrast roof and of course they were mostly Autobiographies.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2013 07:35pm by XFullFatTim.)
11-09-2013 07:34pm
PhilSkill

You'll have just got that engine bedded in nicely, 39.9 mpg is pretty respectable if you were 70mph (or more). Certainly see a lot of new sports and RRs here obviously, but also see a lot of Evoques too! Sounds like LR are close to a fix for the crackling, hopefully just a reprogramming job

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
11-09-2013 10:51pm
XFullFatTim

(11-09-2013 10:18am)Craig_d1 Wrote:  Tim, did you talk about the active driveline( the disconnect of 4wd on motorways etc when cruising)by any chance? I was under the impression it was standard on the si4 and would be an option on the sd4. I spoke to a dealer yesterday but he was under the impression it's only available on the si4 only. Seems a bit odd as driving down the motorway in 2wd should make a fairly large impact to fuel economy I would of thought, and that's the main critism of the Evoque. Couple that with the 9speeder and I think it could have a big impact.

Craig, yes I asked about it as I would be interested in having it, but for 2014MY it isn't an option on SD4. Pity, as I'm sure there would be enough SD4 owners who would take the option if it were sensibly priced as we all know that even having the 9 speed auto will only decrease consumption by about 10%. In reality that is an extra 3mpg, still won't get the figures within 20% of the claimed combined so disconnecting the rear drive would make a significant contribution to getting us nearer to the 49mpg on the combined cycle that our SD4 Autos are claimed to get now. One thing Matt at Hadley Green did tell me was that you can really feel the Torque Vectoring working in high speed cornering. ** I see on my car's spec sheet that it has "Efficient Drive Line" listed........ Could this be the "active" drive? Also it has "Less Intelligent Emergency Braking", it's "thicker" than the normal Evoque's Emeregncy Braking? LaughingLaughing

(11-09-2013 12:25pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Nice job Tim, Be great to hear how it compares! I still love mine, so I best stay away from the show rooms Laughing
I have another post somewhere that says I wasn't going to buy a new car, and if I were it would be a Polonez or a Zavastava........... EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2013 09:51am by XFullFatTim.)
12-09-2013 09:35am
PhilSkill

(12-09-2013 09:35am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I have another post somewhere that says I wasn't going to buy a new car, and if I were it would be a Polonez or a Zavastava........... EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

I remember that Tim, you must of been having a bad Land Rover Day! Laughing

My plan was not to replace this, but if and when the SD4 gets the Active Driveline, it could tempt me...

12-09-2013 11:21am
ChuckieB

Phil

I read the MY14 spec sheet that this is available on MY14's anyway but was standard on the Si variant.
You'd better get your order in now!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
12-09-2013 01:31pm
vinny

I had the new rr sport hse dynamic all day yesterday while the evoque was in getting the stop/start issue sorted,what a machine it is with the torque vectoring,air suspension and dynamics it could out corner most sport cars.plus it showed 32 MPG average and noticed its only £260 road tax.
Getting back in to the evoque was a big step down-literally!

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
12-09-2013 01:47pm
Craig_d1

(12-09-2013 09:35am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Craig, yes I asked about it as I would be interested in having it, but for 2014MY it isn't an option on SD4. Pity, as I'm sure there would be enough SD4 owners who would take the option if it were sensibly priced as we all know that even having the 9 speed auto will only decrease consumption by about 10%. In reality that is an extra 3mpg, still won't get the figures within 20% of the claimed combined so disconnecting the rear drive would make a significant contribution to getting us nearer to the 49mpg on the combined cycle that our SD4 Autos are claimed to get now. One thing Matt at Hadley Green did tell me was that you can really feel the Torque Vectoring working in high speed cornering. ** I see on my car's spec sheet that it has "Efficient Drive Line" listed........ Could this be the "active" drive? Also it has "Less Intelligent Emergency Braking", it's "thicker" than the normal Evoque's Emeregncy Braking? LaughingLaughing

I have another post somewhere that says I wasn't going to buy a new car, and if I were it would be a Polonez or a Zavastava........... EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

They'll prob release it with their hotfire engines next year to make them look really good. either that or they forgot to make it an option and it'll come available in 4~5 months or so. i remember when i bought my D4 when it first came out. Xenon headlights were standard on our HSE, but to upgrade to adaptive headlights was£1300, the same as if you had halogen headlights on the GS spec car. A few months later they dropped it to £300 odd when realising it was a bit unfair to charge people who already had xenon lights the same to upgrade as those who had hologens
12-09-2013 01:51pm
XFullFatTim

(12-09-2013 01:47pm)vinny Wrote:  ......... and noticed its only £260 road tax.

And the 2014 RRE is £175pa - shows what a good job LR has down by cutting the weight of the RRS IIRC my last RRS had more than £400 pa RFT - a 3.6TDv8

12-09-2013 04:13pm
PhilSkill

(12-09-2013 01:31pm)ChuckieB Wrote:  Phil

I read the MY14 spec sheet that this is available on MY14's anyway but was standard on the Si variant.
You'd better get your order in now!

Don't tempt me! Laughing I'm staying away from those showrooms...

Although then I could get those shadow chrome wheels... And Firenze Red... and Contrast Roof...

No! I mustn't! Laughing

12-09-2013 05:09pm